PDA

View Full Version : Shaver Lake 5/7

WishonSticknMove
05-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Went up to Shaver Lake this past afternoon with little luck. Nice and sunny, but very cool to almost cold conditions. High temp of 55 degrees. Fished by the dam and Tunnel Creek, with only one bite, and saw very little action, as well as very few fishermen. Talked to a few other boaters and the fish were non-existant. Made my plans a whole lot easier of where to fish on Friday...back to Wishon. At least I can say that it will be worth the gas money spent to catch a few fish and not get skunked with my buddies.

kgphotos@pacbell.n
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM
I never seem to do well at Shaver. I have had one or two good trips but nothing like the luck I have at Wishon and Courtright. Thanks for the report.

JoeTech
05-08-2008, 06:11 AM
What were you fishing for? and what were you using?

Joe

WishonSticknMove
05-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Was fishing for Rainbows with my trusty rooster tail, changed colors and lures several times with no luck. Even changed to Kastmasters and other spinners. No surface action at all.

JoeTech
05-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Had a friend from work fish it today with limits of trout on a dodger crawler combo. I always do well at shaver with needle fish and excels.

Thanks

Joe

myklp
05-10-2008, 07:16 AM
I was up there Thurs. koke fishing and a friend of mine was long lining monofilament with a chrome dodger and crawler and getting limits of bows to 16 1/2 ". Saw lots of fish hitting the top of the water all over the lake.......Also marked alot of fish in the top 20' on the sonar.......almost switched over...But I'm addicted to kokanee.....Good luck ya'll.....Mike