PDA

View Full Version : pyramid 4/25,26,27

danglin_fury
04-28-2008, 01:49 PM
well where do i start.first time to pyramid and it was unreal.fished pelican friday afternoon for 2 19"ers. sat.10 fish 5 16"-19"and 5 20"-23"then sunday we fished from 7 a.m. till 7:30 p.m. for around 20 fish of the same size it was great fun met oddie on the east side of the lake yesterday he gave us the tip to use the double flutters we had in our box and it was the best trout action i can remember having for quite sometime.we stayed at crosbys and that was great as well watch out for the captain morgan and coke at the bar it made for a short painful day on saturday but it was worth it. the weather was absolutely awesome and we are already counting the days til next year.sorry i dont have pictures but im just not that good at computers. oh yeah my buddy landed a 6lb11oz. that was cool to bad it wasnt me but i was glad to see it.

Capt.Ken
04-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Sounds like you had a great time at the big lake!! Glad to see the lures worked for you. Keep up the good work!

Capt. Ken

mrsockeye
04-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Good job Danglin Fury, glad to see you guys got some fish. Your buddy's 6 pounder is better than any I've caught, and I've fished it quite a few times. I'm do for a big boy.

CHICKFISHING58
04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
I knew I should of stayed home and fished in my own lake great job [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

I'm heading out on Friday thru Sunday anyone else???

Desertdog
04-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Sunday is a possible maybe for me and my crew.

Mako
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Good report, we'll be there Friday thru Sunday. Staying at Crosby's and hunting for "THE ONE"

steamboater
04-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey great report, good to see the bite is still on, I'm looking for the right place to take my girls for the first trip of the year.

CHICKFISHING58
04-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Good report, we'll be there Friday thru Sunday. *Staying at Crosby's and hunting for "THE ONE"

Cool make sure you key up on the radio ;)

Desertdog look forward to seeing you ;)

danglin_fury
04-29-2008, 11:30 AM
boy oh boy i wish i didnt live 5 hours away i would be back this weekend i will be watching for your reports hopefully its good fishing for a few more weeks. when we were at the lake we met up with oddie and on the radio he said he lost a nice one behind the boat LDR i didnt ask what that meant does anyone know im knew to the board and im trying to figure out all the code. i wish i was lucky like chick fishing and lived up there at pyramid the 6 of us that went up there this weekend from my crew cant recall a better fishing trip with nicer people (the folks at crosbys lodge) than the one we just had. wow what a great time. counting down the days til the next time maybe pyramid fest 2009 or is there a date set for that yet?

CHICKFISHING58
04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Danglin Fury,

LDR= long distance release

The next Pyramid fest is the second weekend in October

I live 45 min from Pyramid it is my home lake I love to go to all the different fest but I catch more fish at Pyramid.

The last 2 weeks in June are great ;)

okie
04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
df, ldr is when the fish gets off right after hookin it. it was nice meeting you all over on the east side, that was my first time over there around the pyramid and up towards heels kitchen. when oddie and i were getting the boat out off the water, a pelican got a big one in his pouch right there by the dock. i thought it was goin to choke it to death, the fias looked as long as the bird, it took the bird about 15 minutes to get it down, as he was swimming off the fish was really givin him a hard time, wish i had my video camera, that was funny.
bill

Jetspray
04-29-2008, 12:58 PM
ChickFishing58 I live 105 miles away from Pyramid it is a two day trip for me. Still I love the Nevadan view of the lake and it's beauty. It is cool to see the steam at the base of the pyramid and all of the guysers in the lake, as well as the views with no trees.....Jetpsray

CHICKFISHING58
04-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Jetspray,
105 miles is a day trip ;)

Mako
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I think he means its not worth the one day ($$$, gas, etc)

That's why I only do 3 day trips and this is only my 2nd this year

viper2
04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Pyramid Lake is 150 miles from my house. *I do it as a day trip every now and then. *I usually hit Cabelas on the way back in the afternoon.

Mickey_Thomas
04-29-2008, 05:27 PM
It's good to see a good report, I guess the wind has kept a lot of people from fishing Pyramid lately. Hope to get up there again this year, but I need 3 days ;)

Desertdog
04-29-2008, 05:39 PM
175 oneway for me and most of my trips are onedayers.. just haven't done many this year. on the road at 5 on the water by 8:30 off by 3-4 and head home. Yes its getting spendy but so are the 3 day trips. Wife goes shopping with the grandkids..

Pyramid_Kid
04-29-2008, 09:50 PM
25 miles one way for me to get to the boat launch at Pyramid. But as Mickey stated the wind has just been a killer. Ive seen alot of downed fences, and roof's missing shingles in the last month.

Martinez Frank
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
It's good to see a good report, I guess the wind has kept a lot of people from fishing Pyramid lately. Hope to get up there again this year, but I need 3 days ;)

well lets go Mickey, whats holding you back? ::) that yard work will be there when you get home :D ;D

CHICKFISHING58
04-30-2008, 08:00 AM

well lets go Mickey, whats holding you back? ::) that yard work will be there when you get home :D ;D

Frank,
Mickey likes to sneak in under the radar [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Pk,
of our back fence blew down the association is responsible for it they said sometime next week that we had to wait in line >:(

Mako
04-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Any recommendations ?? I'll be there in 2 days. Should I try out in front of Seperator and Pelican or do I go make the long run like usual ?

CHEESECAKELADY
04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Mako, Oddie is going to be there on Saturday with a friend of his. He and Okie were there last Sunday and they trolled the east side of the lake , I believe.He said it was slow but brought home two nice fish. I know he doesn't usually work the east side of the lake so you might pm him this evening and ask. He has fished that lake since 1968 so he knows it pretty well as do a lot of the other sniffers. From reading the boards, it looks like quite a few of them will also be at Pyramid this weekend so you might want to check with some of them also once you get there. Hope you catch some nice ones.

Dee

danglin_fury
04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
mako when we were there over the weekend we had or best luck over at the pyramid and up to the north end of i think it was called red bay just a mile or 2 up thats what worked for us.

Desertdog
05-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Yup going sunday. ;D