PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Boca

bobby
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Does anyone ever troll Boca this time of year, if so any luck, what ya catching, whats the best trolling areas in the lake?

Mr_Ed
04-30-2008, 10:17 AM
What type of fish are you going after?

bobby
04-30-2008, 12:11 PM
At Boca, prolly just browns and rainbows...

Do they have alot of kokes in there or no?

drstressor
04-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, but they tend to be small.

bobby
04-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, but they tend to be small.

OK, thanks..

So yeah, ill just be trolling for some trout!!!!

Any advice?

Mr_Ed
04-30-2008, 03:35 PM
They are the regular type.............

standard trollimg gear and set ups that worked for you on the water last time. ;)

bobby
04-30-2008, 07:13 PM
They are the regular type.............

standard trollimg gear and set ups that worked for you on the water last time. ;)

Cool, thx Ed.

Ive only shored fished boca, for 10 or so years now... Usually do well, occasion nice brown.

Ive just never trolled it.. and dont see many trollers... Just curious to how well boca trollers have doen in the past.

Pyramid_Kid
04-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Ive had great success trolling Boca. The down side now is that short of using a light weight 16 ft or smaller aluminum boat you'll never get your boat in the water. Boca last year was lucky if it was any where near half full. I know that the boat launch was totally unusable last year. I havent been up that way since I fished Stampede late last summer. But as for what I found that works for trolling in Boca. Flasher and worms (1/4 to 1/2 oz trolling weight), Rapala Shad raps (no weight), needle fish (same as worms) for trout, needle fish tipped with white corn for kokes. If you think it might work take it for a tow. You might be suprised.

bobby
04-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Ive had great success trolling Boca. The down side now is that short of using a light weight 16 ft or smaller aluminum boat you'll never get your boat in the water. *Boca last year was lucky if it was any where near half full. *I know that the boat launch was totally unusable last year. I havent been up that way since I fished Stampede late last summer. *But as for what I found that works for trolling in Boca. *Flasher and worms (1/4 to 1/2 oz trolling weight), *Rapala Shad raps (no weight), needle fish (same as worms) for trout, needle fish tipped with white corn for kokes. *If you think it might *work take it for a tow. You might be suprised.

More great info, thx.. we actually sold our big boat, we will be in a canoe!!! We have a trolling motor..

Nice! Di you ever get ny nice fish, or just stockers? any areas better than others...

Mr_Ed
05-01-2008, 07:11 AM
P Kid is right about the main ramp no being in the water, most of the year.

It takes *28900 Acre feet *for the bay to be 3 feet deep and to launch med. size boats. *This is posted in the RGJ paper in the weather section.

bobby
05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
yeah we stayed a few nights up there in late october... its was very low!!!

Good thing is, the canoe is hand launched, maybe the bite will be great due to to low boazt traffic and fishing pressure??

mrsockeye
05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
If you are looking for big ones, I'd try where the river comes in, and I'd probably go with what the big boys eat, not a flasher and worms, good luck!

Mr_Ed
05-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Actually the inlet is a heck of a good fly area . ;)

Pyramid_Kid
05-01-2008, 10:00 PM
If you are looking for big ones, I'd try where the river comes in, and I'd probably go with what the big boys eat, not a flasher and worms, good luck!

See thats the nice thing about the big boys........... They eat what ever they want when ever they want big, small, or what ever. Some of the biggest fish Ive ever caught were on small baits and or flies and lures.

The fact of the matter is bring what you can and find what works. You may find Bubba with that Dodger and worm combo, or you may find Bubba with a nice large minnow imitation. But you certainly wont know untill you try.

bobby
05-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all the info guys..

Ill be there next week this time, ill report back with pics!!!