PDA

View Full Version : Chabot 4/26/08

h2odog
04-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Did anybody catch any fish at Lake Chabot on Saturday? Man, I couldn't buy a fish! I was bank fishing all of Bass Cove and down to Alder Point.
Hey, who was the guy in the float tube? Did you do any better than those of us on shore?? Hey, at least it was a BEAUTIFUL day !!
Maybe next week?

GoneCountry
04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Man this is not good news. Like I said before worst year I can remember at Chabot and to think the Trout Derby starts in 2 days.......

MeloTrauma
04-27-2008, 02:30 PM
I've been goin out on a boat there every weekend the past couple months and I've been catching some decent fish... haven't caught a limit yet, the closest i got was 4 yesterday. I caught this beauty yesterday on corn flavored Powerbait when we beached the boat in Honker Bay.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MeloTrauma/IMG_0257.jpg

The water conditions in the morning were superb yesterday.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MeloTrauma/IMG_0253.jpg

fishinFireman
04-27-2008, 06:10 PM
ill be on the lake tomorrow so hope I can get a couple in the boat.

BTW the trout durby already started. It started on the 25!!!

fishnallday35
04-28-2008, 02:08 PM
FYI

Watch where u beach your boat can't do that in some areas there the shoreline in "No Tresspassing" saw a guy get a ticket doing that.

h2odog
04-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I saw some dudes beachin' their boat on the "Restricted" side of Bass Cove. I wonder what that ticket would cost? Ranger Rick wouldn't take your gear would he ??? :(

h2odog
04-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Hey, Melo Trauma
I forgot to give you props for your success at Lake Chabot.
[smiley=cheers.gif] Man, it looks like you've got it figured out. It is my local lake, so, I'm trying to increase my consistency. I hate coming home with a skunk !!
I'm gonna have to break down and rent a boat. OR, maybe I could just buy a float tube ??

[smiley=fishing5.gif]

GoneCountry
04-29-2008, 07:47 AM
h2odog go buy some white red and green Power eggs....Not Power bait power eggs....Use sliding sinker setup put about 2 -3 eggs on and Fish either Indian Cove....Racoon Point or coots landing...In about 2 weeks its time to rent that boat...........I troll with old school dave davis flashers and a needlefish on the end......Limits in about 2- 3 hours depending ..Hope I knocked that skunk off your back for ya.................

MeloTrauma
04-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey, Melo Trauma
I forgot to give you props for your success at Lake Chabot.
[smiley=cheers.gif] Man, it looks like you've got it figured out. It is my local lake, so, I'm trying to increase my consistency. I hate coming home with a skunk !!
I'm gonna have to break down and rent a boat. OR, maybe I could just buy a float tube ??

[smiley=fishing5.gif]
Thanx man... I could only make it out on Saturdays so I try to beat the weekend crowd on the bank by renting a boat. I troll 1/4 oz Kastmasters (usually silver or blue/silver) and i just let out the line 25-30 rips. I keep the the electric motor speed at 3 or 4 depending on the wind. Good luck brother!

h2odog
04-29-2008, 09:37 PM
G.C & M.T.

Thanks a bunch for the most excellent tips. [smiley=dankk2.gif] I will keep at it and take your advice.

keep posting your success stories.

H2O Dog [smiley=runningdog.gif]

dimsumwong
04-30-2008, 08:04 PM
I was there Saturday and also didn't catch anytihng. not even a nibble. Does anyone have advice for people on the shore?

Thanks!

fwa
05-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Two guys next to me limited out while I and others nearby caught nothing. They were using Power Eggs and pieces of worms, with more success with the worms. They had the most luck when casting very far. We were in the area between Indian Cove and Racoon Point. Lots of people fishing that day. Some caught a lot, while many (like me) didn't have the same luck. The trout are there, but they're picky.

dimsumwong
05-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the tips! I tried PB, but didn't have much success... I guess gotta try again! :)