PDA

View Full Version : boca or stampede.......

captainart
04-21-2008, 09:47 AM
heading up to boca or stampede on saturday. anyone been up lately. i was curious how the weathers been. i may decide to camp overnight saturday depending on how well the bites goin(and depending on how much jack daniels has to keep me warm). anyone have any luck up there recently?

bobby
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
ive been wondering the same thing, can we get to stampede on the paved road as of yet?

anyone camping yet, its got to be open by now.. its almost May.

Captain_Morgan
04-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Last week, the launch ramp at Stampede Reservoir was plowed. The ramp and parking lot are clear dry. There is snow predicted this week in the high country but the quantity should be minor. The best bite was for mackinaw with the largest going to 5 pounds. There were a few kokanee taken between the ramp and the island at depths of 15 to 25 feet.

The Union

bobby
04-22-2008, 04:52 PM
nice info, so sounds like its a go.. are the areas under the trees still snow filled..?

cjskier
04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
7-11 inches of snow is expected tonight, but is supposed to be warm by the weekend.

captainart
04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
thanks! :) i may join a buddy on the little trucky river between stampede and boca on saturday. i have never fished or camped up there before so i wasn't sure what to expect. may do a little fishing at stampede while im there but was told to expect COLD weather at night if i camp and be prepared for some snow still lingering so the ground could still be pretty tore up. looks like a nice weekend ahead! ;D

cjskier
04-22-2008, 06:40 PM
yeah, be ready for 20-30 degrees at night.

Fish-on101
04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
OK im getin the boat ready maby get up there in the next two weeks. Dont know depending on how work is goin at work.

TroutWagon
04-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I like getting a motel in truckee and driving 20 min. to the lake when it's cold and camping when its warm, but camping now would be very, very cold [smiley=cold.gif]good luck, keep warm and catch some fish.

fishlipd
04-23-2008, 04:27 AM
So...the road is plowed to Stampede? I was under the impression last week that the road still had two feet of packed snow with 6" of ice on it. So whats the real story?

Mr_Ed
04-23-2008, 07:28 AM
fishlipd;

If I were you I'd stay home for two months just to be on the safe side. ;D

Benfishing
04-23-2008, 08:09 AM
I went up to Stampede last Thurday or Friday, can't remember, the road is clear, the launch is clear, and the dock was still on the launch. There's plenty of room to put in your boat.
I didn't fish but ground handled my paraglider in the meadow between Stampede and Boca.

CHICKFISHING58
04-23-2008, 08:14 AM
fishlipd;

Ed,
Stp that be nice >:( ;)

bobby
04-23-2008, 09:24 AM
7-11 inches of snow is expected tonight, but is supposed to be warm by the weekend.

Huch much snow ended up fallin in the boca/stampede area?

zhands
04-23-2008, 11:26 AM

Huch much snow ended up fallin in the boca/stampede area?

Not sure where CJ got his report, I saw 3-7 from the NWS and they are always off on the high side. Truckee had a trace and Squaw Valley....

TODAY'S CONDITIONS
05:29AM, Wednesday, April 23, 2008
EL 8200 26 2-3
EL 6200 32 0-1

[smiley=cold.gif]

murph
04-23-2008, 01:15 PM
It snowed last night and today but is breaking now, just a trace at lake level with maybe an inch or two at 7k feet. What little we got at Donner is melted and its currently 40 degrees and windy at Donner, the campground at Boca is snow free, hope that helps ;)

captainart
04-23-2008, 01:20 PM
thanks for all the info everyone. may be coming down with the case of " i can't see going to work on friday" and leave a day early. ;D as for the weather hopefully with some warm clothes and jack daniels by my side i should stay nice and toasty. ;) as for the fishing, well i will post on monday to let you know. thanks again for all the great info! :)

cjskier
04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
yeah, not much snow here. however they did get about a half foot over the pass.

fishlipd
04-23-2008, 05:18 PM
fishlipd;

I got 4x4 and chains...and I bet you $20 I can out fish you up there... [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Try to keep me out. 8-)

WESTCOASTER
04-25-2008, 09:25 PM
I hear theres going to be some guys up on the Little Truckee, might wanna watch out for them :o, I hear there fishin with them ole long poles ::). There gonna freese there butts off, be sure and take alot of cover for the ground inside the tent and lots of covers for the top, might take a little more than a bottle of One Barrel [smiley=beer.gif] to keep your skinny butt warm !!! Good luck buddy, get out and go [smiley=fishing1.gif]. Im on my way to Oregon Sunday am heard we might do a little fishin when there :P!! ***WESTCOASTER***

captainart
04-26-2008, 05:20 AM
I hear theres going to be some guys up on the Little Truckee, might wanna watch out for them *:o, *I hear there fishin with them ole long poles *::). There gonna freese there butts off, be sure and take alot of cover for the ground inside the tent and lots of covers for the top, might take a little more than a bottle of One Barrel *[smiley=beer.gif] to keep your skinny butt warm !!! Good luck buddy, get out and go [smiley=fishing1.gif]. Im on my way to Oregon Sunday am heard we might do a little fishin when there * :P!! ***WESTCOASTER***

;D ;D ;D ya those guys are definitely gonna freeze their butts off! i may have to pay them that visit today to bring some more One Barrel to keep warm! ;) good luck up in oregon! bring a poncho! :D

captainart
04-30-2008, 05:51 AM
fished little truckee river on friday 4/25 using panther martin spinners and caught this brown after a couple casts. ;D caught one more later that afternoon but nothing else the rest of the weekend. :-[ got woke up from that earthquake out of reno, that was weird! *:-? AND YES IT WAS VERY COLD AT NIGHT!!! :o afternoons were not too bad but sitting next to the fire didn't even help with jack by my side! *;D
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9954/1fs20283291sf9.jpg

red_perception
04-30-2008, 07:17 AM
There you go Captainart! Hardcore will never die! Anyone actually fish Stampede yet? Good luck, Eric :)

hellbent
04-30-2008, 07:55 AM
That "tumor Trout" on the Mac board came out of Stampede

Benfishing
04-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Red perc. check the Koke Board.