PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz today

Retoocs
05-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Rented a boat and headed out from SC this morning. Tried whole squid and also anchovies. no luck. Tried a jig with squid strips, nothing. Did manage to snag someones old tackle, and returned some of my own to the infrastructure of the bay. Overall, turned out to be a nice day out on the water. Caught some sun, and had a good time regardless.
...DS

Oreo
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
dang, no fish? :(

let's hope the fishing heats up this summer. ima try out the rental skiffs at capitola when the fishing gets a little better. ;D

Bartender
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Are there any good reefs to fish over when fishing on those rental skiffs out of Capitola?

GH

nayr
05-06-2009, 05:30 PM
i dont think so. most people getting rock cod are finding them along the kelp. I think you have something of a 2 mile radius you can fish. I cant wait to do that again this year.

scfisher831
05-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Are there any good reefs to fish over when fishing on those rental skiffs out of Capitola?

GH

Yes there is.There is 1 Mile reef,Adam's reef,Capitola reef,etc.They have maps at the bait shop you can get when you rent a skiff at Capitola pier.It marks all the reefs for you so just ask for one before you fish.