PDA

View Full Version : Paying my Dues!(PIC)

red_perception
04-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Howdy all! Went up to Reno yesterday to pay my Union dues and get back on the outta work list. That took all of about 10 minutes. Not to far away, was a spot on the Truckee I like, and like even more now. Finally, caught my first Truckee River Brown! 27 inches and 6 pounds 10 oz! No net, no pliers then the line broke at my feet, sorry folks but this one came home. It also broke the wire out of the tail of my cd9 and bent the front hook.http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2083/brownyr0.jpg Good luck, Eric :)

YakMotor
04-19-2008, 12:29 PM
WOW! NICE! No net? Bet that was a little nerve wracking.

PapaGreg
04-19-2008, 01:45 PM
:)NICE FISH!!!!!!!

What union, O. E. Local 3?

BreakofDawn
04-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Judging by the size of that fish you over paid on your dues!! Way to go bother!!!

MacDaddy
04-19-2008, 03:29 PM
i dont usely cae fror the brown cause still on the hunt for macdaddy but bud thats a nice browm thats stickn it to the man gives you a big ................... to hook on a fish like your the man 8-)

Mr_Ed
04-19-2008, 03:29 PM
See, and all you guys think paying dues, sucks !! *;D
When you retire it is around $100 a year..............sweet!!

Nice fence, did you build it? (hint)

Hay, "Sweetness";
Hope that is not the fish I have released two times last year........??

Just kidding.

However there was one big sucker I released three times in the trophy area !!

Great looking fish, had to give you a great fight, can't beleive he trashed your plug that bad. Must of been one bad MF fish!! :o :o

Yep, great fish for a "sand and sagebrush" state........ 8-)

PS did it have any sculpuns in its belly? *( mini Ling Cod )

johnbfishin
04-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Nice fish! I'll bet that got your blood going. I've never used a net when river fishing, it just adds to the thrill of getting them to the hand, well done. 8-)

fishlipd
04-19-2008, 04:20 PM
WOW!!! Nice fish Eric, way to go on the fattie. Whats your trade? IBEW LU 180 HERE. Electricians local for those who don't know what IBEW stands for. Used to love the out of work list for a couple of months a year. ;)

fishwish
04-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Dude................ CONGRATS! I'm jealous. I had a streak going. Something like seven times out with fish on the truckee. Got skunked this afternoon. I definitely can't blame it on high flows now. Awesome fish Red. WOW!

HighSierra_Drifter
04-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Sweet river brownie...Good Job ;)

Steve

zhands
04-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Congratulations Eric

What an amazing fishÖ. And out of the Truckee. Thatís inspiring.
What flavor CD9 were you using if I might ask?

With all this wind keeping my boat of the lakes, Iím thinking of supplementing with some river fishing since the Truckee is just across the street by at the park (Truckee River Regional) as well as working in Squaw Valley.

Definitely inspiring Eric. You sure that beauty isnít Ĺ Bull Dog? That head is huge.
[smiley=yikes.gif]

mrsockeye
04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Wow, I'm seriously jealous. 12 years of fishing the river, and a lot of time targeting big browns, and I've never got one like that... landed, lost a couple that I hooked. Ugggh!!! You stink! Just kidding. Congratulations! I know you catch some nice ones in Tahoe, but that beauty belongs on the wall. I'm a local 39 guy myself, operating engineers-stationary engineers.

red_perception
04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone! "CARP"enters 971 ;) This was actually my first fish out of the Truckee. Ed, it had a lure with your name on it hanging out of it's mouth ;D ;D ;D Did I build my fence ;D ;D ;D too much brother. I drove my wifes car (to save on gas) and only brought 1 rod, 1 small tackle box and my license, reely wish I had my net and pliers. Nothing in the stomach, definately a river fish.(meat color) Here is the Rap.http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2963/lurenz0.jpg Good luck, Eric :)

Mackattack
04-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow very nice fish Eric. I have that same lure and will defenitly toss it in the river next time i,m in Reno. [smiley=clap.gif]

Mackattack [smiley=angling.gif]

GOLDENTROUT
04-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Good job Eric! Verry nice fish let alone first Truckee River fish ;) I love that river! Thanks for the post, keep it up ;)
Tight lines GT.

Mr_Ed
04-20-2008, 07:05 AM
The truckee has some big bows and browns in her and some
rather large white fish that put up a good fight also.

I love fishing in late summer with dry flys, even though you don't generally pick up fish over 20 inches, but the number of hook ups is
worth it. ;)

Are you thinking of a mount?

Have a good year
Ed

fishdude76
04-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Nice fish bro.

Thats a great picture of the fish, but the picture of the rap lets us know that was no tame beast and you must have been sweating it out the whole fight.

Thanks for sharing.

jrj
04-20-2008, 08:32 AM
If that's what you get for paying your dues, I will triple mine. Fantastic fish, that is about a one in a life time fish out of the Truckee River. Well done.

liter_of_koke
04-20-2008, 09:03 AM
WOW!!! Nice fish Eric, way to go on the fattie. Whats your trade? IBEW LU 180 HERE. Electricians local for those who don't know what IBEW stands for. Used to love the out of work list for a couple of months a year. ;)
this stands for im broke every wedsday i block every walkway and a few more. nice fish .it always nice to know that there are a few good union brothers out there !ibew 340 here had to take up fishin was geting depressed on the state payed vacations .needed someting cheap boy was i wrong.good work picture in sac for awhile now. good for pocket book bad for fishing working 6/10 but not as baad as somethat are working more and dont have sunday to fish

CHEESECAKELADY
04-20-2008, 09:37 AM
That is a real beauty, Eric, I guess I better pay some dues if it will help me catch a fish like that ;D ;D ;D.

Dee

LD
04-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Wow...
You sure have paid your dues.
Nice fish and Good Job!
[smiley=clap.gif]

ODDIE
04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Eric; *Way to go [smiley=cheerleader.gif] [smiley=cheerleader.gif] *I have caught a few big rainbows in years past, never got a brown anywhere near that size. *Congrats!!

ODDIE

camotracker
04-20-2008, 01:18 PM
sweet nice looking fish bud. thanks for the photo's

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

fishingrampa
04-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey Dee, I didn't know there was a cheesecake union! Jim

Captain_Morgan
04-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Way to go RP! :o That lure your holding is one of my fav's! But it wasn't mine. :) I guess you were DUE! ;D :D

Jeff213
04-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I caught one like that when I was a kid in boy scouts at lake spalding with no net and no pliers.. mine was about a pound lighter, but I got it on a 2 pound test leader.

Very nice fish!
Bet it will taste great!

robonthefly
04-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Red, Congradulations.
That is something to be proud of. NICE BROWN !! :) You must tell me more about fishing the Truckie. I have never fished it. Have always wanted to. You'll never forget that one I am sure. That is as large as many avg steelhead , Nice one. Once again Congrats on a beautiful fish.
Kind Regards,
Rob- :)

CHEESECAKELADY
04-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey Dee, I didn't know there was a cheesecake union! *Jim

Jim, you are probably right about no cheesecake union but I am a lifetime of the CWA and have been since 1979.

Dee

MacAssassin
04-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Eric, It must pay off to troll that Kayak down the Snow run off rapids this time of year ;), I hope to hook into a nice brown down at Twin lakes in the near future. Thats a nice looking brown!

RonM
04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey Dee, I didn't know there was a cheesecake union! Jim

Jim, you are probably right about no cheesecake union but I am a lifetime of the CWA and have been since 1979.

Dee

CWA?...