PDA

View Full Version : Dinkey Creek 4/6

fresnofshfan
04-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Gate still locked to Wishon. :(
Fished PB and salmon eggs under the DC bridge for about two hrs and ha a picnic with my girl and dog. Nice day.

The creek is running very clear and fast. Not blown out but, just right for fishing the runs below the pools/rapids.

FFF

epzamora
04-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Uhhhhhh, isn't that still closed, off-season?

Snowtrout
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Fresnofishfan,

If I am not mistaken, Dinkey creek falls under the sierra trout season rules and does not open till the trout opener later this month. :-/

But thank you about the gate. According to the Bee, it looks like it will be opened on April 15th or so.

Byron

fresnofshfan
04-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Whoops! Looks like I was a week early. Thanks for the tip ;)

epzamora
04-10-2008, 10:05 PM
dinkey creek spills into pine flat lake. does anybody know how far UP dinkey from the lake is open to fishing and not restricted? stated another way, how far up the lake can one fish to be legal when the lake is open but the creek is closed?

eric
fresno, ca.

mtalley
04-11-2008, 11:54 AM
You need to review the rules for fresh water, here is a link http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/07-08-inland-fish-regs.pdf The valley and sierra districts are seperated by the sierra national forest line in our area. So in very broad terms West of the Sierra National forest is open and East is closed, see pages 21 & 22. But, there are many special regulations for waters that fisherman need to be aware of. Kings River has special regs, see page 38. I am not aware of any special regulations for Dinkey creek but I believe the entire creek is located in the national forest, therefore closed. Read the regs and don't just ask your buddy, buddies are wrong a lot.

epzamora
04-11-2008, 02:49 PM
not only buddies but internet message boards. i see so much misinformation or guessing being passed around and taken as gospel, i was just being lazy, though in the end i always go to the source for information like this.

eric
fresno, ca.

FresnoJack
04-13-2008, 12:32 PM
not only buddies but internet message boards. i see so much misinformation or guessing being passed around and taken as gospel, i was just being lazy, though in the end i always go to the source for information like this.

eric
fresno, ca.

The regulations can be accessed on-line.

http://dfg.ca.gov/enforcement/index.aspx

Each DFG District Office has a warden available to answer questions

The DFG also has an Ask The Warden e-mail access. *I have used this service several times with great success.

AskaWarden@dfg.ca.gov