PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been to Stumpy Meadows recently?

jb240z
03-27-2008, 03:27 PM
I am heading up to a friend's cabin just outside Georgetown this weekend, wondering if the road is clear yet to Stumpy? Any chance I can get my 16' Jon up there? Or should I just plan on bank fishing.

Thanks,
Jim

LD
03-28-2008, 11:59 AM
I just called the G-town ranger, he said you won't get much past Quintette. There are reports of people still getting stuck up there.
I am glad I called, I was thinking about going on Monday.
LD

jb240z
03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Well, looks like the ranger was right. I tried to get to the lake on Saturday, got about 1.5 - 2 miles past Quintette, then no more. The road went from patchy snow to completely blocked pretty quick. Guess I'll have to try again in a couple of weeks.

anglersaxon
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
I was thinking about going to stumpy with my dad on saturday, can anybody tell me if its accessible?
Thanks,
Dean

johnbfishin
04-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I was thinking about going to stumpy with my dad on saturday, can anybody tell me if its accessible?
Thanks,
Dean

It sounds like a call to the ranger station might save you some gas $$.

This time of year some bs can be posted about road conditions and what it really takes to get there. Most folks here are straight shooters but....CYA. 8-)

LD
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I went on Sunday, the road is passable.
In the shady areas, there is still some deep snow. There are some good ruts to follow.
4wd and/or high ground clearance is mandatory.
If you donít have it, be careful, or wait a while.
The fishing was so so. 2 bows and a brown, all were small.
Another month or so should be a different story.
Good luck if you go.
LD

PS...
The rangers # is 530-333-4312

anglersaxon
04-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Bald tires and blown shocks.......Sounds like I need a plan B. Thanks for the advice.

danhood
04-10-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm heading up to my cabin at Quintette to have a work day. If I have time I will make the drive to the stump and see how the road is then. I'll post the results here.

danhood
04-13-2008, 05:56 AM
update, Went up there yesterday and there is still snow on the ground but anything with good ground clearance should be ok. If you don't have 4 wheel drive bring chains and you should be ok. If you have a truck or something then I wouldn't worry about the chains. Small cars might still have a problem though.I wouldn't try to pull a boat up there yet. With the weather we are having it wont be too much longer.