PDA

View Full Version : Temescal 4-6-08

dapainter
04-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I got my limit today,with nightcrawlers and powerbait.I put a little air in the worms and the powerbait they wanted was orange.SORRY no pics my camera is at my girls house.They started to hit at about 2:30pm when the sun finally broke through the clouds,till about 4:00Pm and started back up at 6:30 till dark 8:15 all in the range of 12"-15" :P

judge whoppner
04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
DAPAINTER-

Nice to see another sniffer fishes Temescal besides me. I live about 2 minutes from the lake, and don't fish it as often as I did a few seasons ago. However, I did fish two Sundays ago and landed a nice 6 lber.

maybe I'll see you up there sometime.

Good luck,
Judge

dapainter
04-07-2008, 05:06 PM
where did you catch that 6#er, I always catch something but nothing with size. 8-)

judge whoppner
04-07-2008, 06:47 PM
dapainter-

I usually fish the aluminum dock on the west side, or halfway between the aluminum dock and the first wooden "T" dock on the west side.

Last time I fished I had no hits from my usual spot so I fished a spot that I call "the turn", which is the sharp turn between the "T" dock and the aluminum dock. There is a small clearing with Tules on one side and a bush on the other. You are casting directly towards the swimming beach.

I have a hunch that because of the past rains the lake on the south end (where the aluminum dock is) alot of silt and dirt have come down the creek and made that end really shallow. "The turn" is good because it is the transition between the deep end (T dock) the shallow end (rest of the lake.

Just my hunch. I usually fish inflated worms as well.

Good luck and see you up there sometime.

Judge

Jerrdirt
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow Lake Temescal use to be the hot spot during my middle school days. Try fishing near the entrance gate by the pool. If you're using crawlers you could possibly get lucky and pull in a nice bass.