PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 3-24-08 (Del Valle!)

CountryBoy
03-24-2008, 10:53 AM
I went to quarry lakes for the first time today in hopes of finally catching some fish since Chabot and Don Castro are slow. no such luck. I fished with my friend and his dad and bro and we had 6 poles out and 4 bites to show for it. All the bites were very soft. the bobber would go up maybe an inch and that was it. Definitely been a hard year so far for bay area trout. seems to me that the only place worth goin is del valle... I think I might do that tomorrow actually. gotta take advantage of spring break ;) anyway cant wait to get break this unfortunate 8 trip skunk i got goin... >:( good luck everyone
CountryBoy

oh yea fogot to mention that it was slow for everyone i saw one fish total... ;D

tragedyspring
03-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Quarry is nothing compared to Del Valle. ::)

CountryBoy
03-24-2008, 01:19 PM
anybody have directions to del valle? I live in Hayward. Ive been puttin it off due to gas(or lack of) but i need to catch some fish before i go crazy...thanks i appreciate it

Sideliner
03-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey CB, Hope this helps. I got this on the EBMUD Web Page

Del Valle Regional Park is located on Del Valle Road off Mines Road south of Livermore (parking fee). Exit I-580 eastbound or westbound in Livermore at North Livermore Avenue. Head south and proceed through town (North Livermore Avenue will become South Livermore Avenue in town). About 1.5 miles outside town, turn right at Mines Road, go about 3.5 miles and continue straight on Del Valle Road (Mines Road turns left). The park entrance is about four miles ahead.

Maybe some other sniffers can varify.

ken_fishnfool
03-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Verified!!
That's the most straightforward way.
If you take 84 you have to do some right hand turns to get to S. Livermore Ave. Google or Yahoo maps are current.

CountryBoy
03-24-2008, 04:22 PM
thanks a lot guys! anybody know what time the gates open i would like to get there right when they open. also where are the good bank fishin spots at the moment? jeez maybe i should change the title of the thread to del valle lol... ;D arite thats the last of my questions i appreciate all the info...

F33rNoFish
03-29-2008, 08:29 PM
hey all, i'm going to head out to QL tomorrow. not sure what time, but i think i'm going to fish off of the alameda creek trail side.

i've never had any luck at this lake at all. actually, i don't have too much luck/skill in lakes at all, but this place is just a few minutes away from me. i'd love to learn the tricks.

i'm more of a river bank type of guy and would love to snag some of them lumps of cats i've seen by the pier, but they just don't hit?!?!?!

i'm gonna try the tips below and see what happens. :)

i'll report back afterwards!

SlamminAmador
03-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Quarry Lake is a huge joke with water....

SneakAttack
03-30-2008, 11:46 AM

Quarry Lake is a huge joke with water....

Comparing apples to oranges? Del Valle is not comparable to Quarry by any means.

Really, Quarry is not a joke. It's a great resource that we need to ensure, for our kids sake , will have a place to escape the daily grind that is within their grasp. I'd like to think that Quarry will continue to be well maintained and not end up like Merced. Things like fishing pressure, lake size, environment and other things contribute to the state of the lake. I don't think those fish can be too happy with all that glitter from PB floating in the water, getting stuck in their gills.

Now, I do have to say this, I've NEVER caught ANYTHING at Quarry. Merced in it's most dismal state 1 year ago, I managed to catch at least one.

Please, by no means, take my comments as derogatory of your views. I as well as others, see Quarry for what it is; A local put and take lake with no sustainable trout population.

SA

F33rNoFish
03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
ok, guys (and gals?),

we fished from 9a through about 1p by the Alameda Creek entrance and fished for trout (at first) until another guy came around and told us there was only large mouth bass and carp in the lake...what i thought was a trout chill'n 3' in the water must have been a large mouth.

same dude that swung by ended up hook'n up with a 3 lbs. beautiful large mouth!

he handed over a hook and plastic worm since i didn't bring anything for bass. i was all set with the CLO for the trout...

i saw quite a few decent sized bass follow my plastic, but no hook ups :-[

now i know what to fish for there and will definitely try again, but early in the morning!

over all great day although we were all skunked (2 kids and the wife).

F33rNoFish
04-06-2008, 03:58 PM
well, today was a waay better day! *by no means did me or my son get skunked!

arrived to lakes at about 6.45a and at about 7a we snagged the larger pig (20 1/2", but don't know the weight).

about 30-45 min later, we snagged the second one (17")!!!

the larger one was released to fight another day (it was prego, too).

any large mouth recipes out there *:P
http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10118/4.6.08%20Quarry%20Lakes%20003.jpg

http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10118/4.6.08%20Quarry%20Lakes%20004.jpg