PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mc  Clure 3/2 08

twoelk48
03-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Took my neighbor John Cardoza up to the lake today. On the water 10 am. 2 outfits rolling shad at 60 feet, one outfit a yellow seps dodger with red spots and a red wedding ring tipped with half a nightcrawler, other outfit a silver dodger and two hot glow orange tiger spinner tipped with nightcrawler. Marking fish from 20 feet to 100 feet most fish I have seen yet this year. John puts 3 planted bows in the box off the seps yellow outfit and looses a few. I put 3 bows in the box finally. Off the water at 5 pm. Wild flowers are just to awsome. Mc swain was planted 3/27/08. I'm tired, night all Kent

fishon18
03-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Kent,

For some reason I see another trip in your plans...

Scott

Ironhead
03-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Kent,

When you are up at 4:00 a.m. and on the sniffer, and don't get on the water until 10:00, you are losing precious time. (sleeping or fishing) LOL Good job at McClure. If you marked some fish that is encouraging. Still might happen, but it needs to start soon.

Ironhead

cool_hand_luke
03-30-2008, 08:58 AM
when they stock McSwain do they also stock Merced Falls?I like to take the kids there and fish off the bridge...thanx

fish04
03-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes they stock the PG&E. dam area and the river also by Henderson Park. There is a couple of fishing areas just for fishing on the river you will see *parking areas. Getting to be time for critters around the rocks and brush so be careful with the kids
Fish04
Don

kokaneeCommander
03-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Don't count out McClure yet it used to be a sleeper up until a couple years ago. For me the best months there have been in the summer.

Trout_Ninja
04-01-2008, 07:57 AM
when they stock McSwain do they also stock Merced Falls?I like to take the kids there and fish off the bridge...thanx

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. What you want to do is go to this website http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/Central.asp and look for this "Merced River from McSwain Dam To Merced Falls" and then plan your trip accordingly. :D

iron-man
04-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes koke com, Mc Clure was a good secret for quite a few years. And a great place to catch nice fat RBs and then later king salmon that were gorged with shad with the stomachs all distended. That is untill they planted kokes in there a couple of years ago. It would have been nice to leave one lower lake alone. Last time I was there 2 weeks ago, all the fish caught were skinny with their stomachs empty . Hope this is not an indication of whats to come. But if it is it will just follow the same pattern that has developed at all the other lower elevation lakes. I saw/experienced this at Melones before . Hope I'm wrong. IM