PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot Tommorow

GoneCountry
03-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Going to Lake Chabot for the first time this year ....to fish.......Reports lately have been dismal to say the least but they planted this week so I bought my Lic and am ready to give it my go....maybe rent a boat not sure yet ......any reports will help hot lure and Hot bank bait...spending the day.......................

DazShooter
03-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Good luck! Cheers to you for trying to turn it around. Maybe the plant will shake this lake up from being a sleeper.

GoneCountry
03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Im excited I have been messed up since before Christmas total of 4 surgeries in past 2 years for carpul tunnel only this last time it was 2 in each of the elbows....ONE suggestion to those of you who think you have it and its no big deal....it is a big deal.....the longer you let it go the more severe it gets, until all of a sudden you cant lift things....I consider Trout a big thing.... my son will help me reel them in............

HBFishin
03-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Good Luck! Hope you can turn it around. They have been planting just about every other week for months now.

You can do some searches on the trout board to find out what works, but the short and sweet....
Trolling: Jointed firetiger rapala, kastmasters (find the right color, perch or f/t has worked well for me). Flashers with grub, worm, or needle fish.
Dunking: worm p/b combo or grub p/b combo. Rainbow or chartreuse p/b.

Water is probably pretty murky so you have to give the trout a little help to find your bait/ lure. Use scent (I like pro-cure gel in trophy trout or nightcrawler). Lures that make noise (like rattlin' rapala) are good too.

Have fun.

Kidrock
03-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Silver (Seps mini) with green beads flashers and a Nightcrawler killed them last year for me. Good Luck

HBFishin
03-27-2008, 11:05 AM
kidrock - I like those minis too. Your right. Last year the minis were working. I used a firetiger needlefish behind them or a grub.
My largest fish ever was with a perch kastmaster at chabot. 8+ lbs.

This year, I have thrown the whole lot at them. Nothing. Not a thing. And I almost always catch something at chabot.
One day I was there every person I talked to said they had not gotten a thing. Guy at the shop said he only saw one fish that day. Ouch!

GoneCountry
03-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Man quick response and the way my arm feels maybe i will wait a couple more days......I agree worst year I can remember.....Whats gonna become of the derby when no one is catching anything Thanks

Sideliner
03-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey GC, Good luck tomorrow. I was there last Sat. and caught one with an orange power nugget and crawler combo by Coots Landing. Talked to the other fishermen that caught fish from the banks and they caught them on the rainbow PB. Hope that helps. Go get'em

Kidrock
03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
I bought a boat so Lake Chabot is not where I go but I remember March-April I killed the trout when I used to hit Chabot. Something weird this year...San Pablo is the same.....could be all the rain we got early on, but both of these lakes should turn on any second. Will be in Del Valle saturday in my 13 foot Whaler.

CountryBoy
03-28-2008, 01:58 PM
how did you due today GC? lookin forward to your reports

GoneCountry
03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Well I didnt make it out yesterday but as we speak Im getting help getting everything together for a day of it tommorow.................yes Monday I will come back with a report

CountryBoy
03-31-2008, 07:15 PM
cant wait to hear how you did today GC im headin there tomorrow :)