PDA

View Full Version : ICR meets Mr.Striper

Mr._Striper
03-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Made the trip up to ICR finally. The lake is alot smaller than I thought. Got to the lake around 3pm and the fishing was very slow for the first hour. Hiked around the lake doing my run and gun spot fishing method. Came into a cove with a creek feeding the lake. There were fish everywhere!! I myself landed 13 trout. (browns, brooks, and bows), my lady cought 4 and my friend cought 5. All fish were cought on my magic jigs. These are the pics for the day. We kept only 4 fish between the 3 of us. Enjoy the pics.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/jasonsdad05/fishingindiancreekres040.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/jasonsdad05/fishingindiancreekres044.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/jasonsdad05/fishingindiancreekres037.jpg

Jetspray
03-30-2008, 02:01 PM
The lake level will come up soon as the snow melt comes in. Nice pics and hope it wasn't too cold. My wife and I went up there yesterday to scout things out, we came in from the airport road side and left on the north end to Diamond Valley road. Everything was clear, but as you said levels are low. That was a real good place to pick by the river.....Jetspray

Farrier_Frank
03-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Good report there Mr. Striper.... but I'm LMAO at the dates on the pictures. Better fix your camera. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

Good looking fish. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Captain Compassion
03-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Made the trip up to ICR finally. The lake is alot smaller than I thought. Got to the lake around 3pm and the fishing was very slow for the first hour.

Dang! Should have gone to ICR. :-[ Won't make that mistake tomorrow. I think I just might have what the fish want.. Browns and Brooks? I seen a few Browns but never Brooks.

untalan1
03-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Hello Jeff , nice pics,glad that the lake has finally thawed out.The last couple times I was up there it was still frozen and no access.Yes! those magic stixs also caught fish for me before winter set in. Might be up there In a couple weeks to get my spring cleaning done on my place in Gardnerville.Hope to see you up that way in the near future.Efren

untalan1
03-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey that guy you have in one of your pics is a regular at ICR I met him when I was up there in NOV. what a character.I ask him when he stops fishing the lake and his response was when he can't his line in the water.

FishinRaiders
03-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey M Striper nice fish..

That is why it looks so cold..Your camera says it is 1-8-2005 *;D

Mr._Striper
03-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey M Striper *nice fish..

That is why it looks so cold..Your camera says it is 1-8-2005 *;D

If you had ever been to ICR when the West wind is blowing off the Sierra at 25-35 MPH then you would understand why he's dressed like that. I have a pal with a camera where the date stamp indicates that Christ was born the previous month.;)

CC

[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Captain Compassion
03-30-2008, 05:39 PM
If you get away from the people around the dam and go down below the campground or along the west shore you are likely to run into bears. There are more Bears in that area east of 89 in the ICR and East Carson area than any other area I know of except for Yosermite and The twin Lakes area around Bridgeport. They are just waking up and they are hungry and cranky and the lady bears often have cubs. Both my incounters with bears last year were at ICR.

CC

fishwish
03-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Looks and sounds like an awesome afternoon! That bite was goin off!!! Three species and four big trout for supper. Those trout on the tailgate look like they been swimmin out there for a year or two. Thanks for the post and pics!

hunkfisher
03-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey great job out there Mr.Striper, fish look good wish the weather look as good. ICR has some big fish hope to get out there in mid may, leave some fish for me big guy

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Fish-on101
03-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey guys whare is ICR?? I never heard of it. Not to be mean or anything. Just wonderin.
Thanks the fish

Captain Compassion
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey guys whare is ICR?? I never heard of it. Not to be mean or anything. Just wonderin.

ICR (Indian Creek Res.) is located 5 miles east of Highway 89 half way between Woodfords and Markleeville off of Airport Road in Alpine County California. It is not a major destination and is fished mostly by locals from Western Nevada and South Lake Tahoe.

CC

Fish-on101
03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks man. Nice fish guys!