PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis up date.

chicofishrmen
03-26-2008, 10:33 AM
1st the good news.

"He went on to outline some of the events and fish plants scheduled for the summer season. Powers said some 2,000 Eagle Lake trout of 6 pounds or more each would be stocked at Lake Davis. One thousand Shasta Lake trout, between 8 and 13 pounds, will be stocked, as will about 900,000 other fish, 660,000 of which are fingerlings"

The not so good news.

"Bob Varner, acting district ranger for the Beckwourth District, told supervisors that beginning May 23, a day-use fee would be charged at boat ramps at Honker Cove, Mallard Cove, Lightning Tree and Camp 5. The fee schedule calls for $5 per vehicle. Passenger vans are expected to pay $1 per person, buses $15, and motorcycles and bicycles $1"
http://www.plumasnews.com/news_story.edi?sid=6126

Pyramid_Kid
03-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Well I guess they need to recoup the money spend on restocking and the killing of the pike. Could be worse Ive paid much more in the passed.

SuperDave
03-26-2008, 11:02 AM
wolfden or anyone else in the area that can update me on ice out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
SD

Mr_Ed
03-26-2008, 11:20 AM
With the high winds today and two days ago, it might
have a start , breaking up the ice?

Frenchman and Davis have to be close, with or with out a ramp.

I don't need no "stinking Ramp" !!

chicofishrmen
03-26-2008, 11:23 AM
wolfden or anyone else in the area that can update me on ice out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
SD

Ice thickness varies with a recent report indicating a depth of 18 inches.

http://www.plumasnews.com/news_story.edi?sid=6128

mrsockeye
03-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I figured the free launching at Davis was to good to be true. These days in age everything costs something. I'm waiting for Eagle Lake to start charging :'( That's bad mojo to even think that thaught.

Mr_Ed
03-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh Man, Now you did it !!!

Don't be giving those people any ideas on how to make more money!!!

Now V. Bob will have to come up with MORE $$$$...... :'( :'(

;D ;D ;D

vvbob
03-26-2008, 07:52 PM
They will only get me once cause I always rent a slip at Eagle Lake Marina.
The north end doesn't charge to launch BUT you have to pay $5 a day to park....State is going to get you one way or the other. :-/

GOLDENTROUT
03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
They will only get me once cause I always rent a slip at Eagle Lake Marina.
The north end doesn't charge to launch BUT you have to pay $5 a day to park....State is going to get you one way or the other. :-/
Thats what I think this will be. That's the way it is at Frenchman's $5 to park not launch! Both Frenchman's and Davis are in the 1000 trails thing, the annual day-use pass ($30) you can get them from a campground host if you dont want to find the ranger station!

CHICKFISHING58
03-27-2008, 07:43 AM
How much do you want to bet that they will fine a pike in the water ;D

troutfan
03-27-2008, 04:41 PM
How much do you want to bet that they will fine a pike in the water ;D
I'll take that bet. They were successful at Frenchmens and I'm hoping they got it right this time. I think they did. The trout fishing should be good with all the fish they'll be putting in. ;) 8-)

Trout_Terminator
03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
sweet, you think lake davis might be the new amador?

troutfan
03-27-2008, 11:20 PM
sweet, you think lake davis might be the new amador?
I wouldn't say that. *Lake Davis will soon have a nice population of holdovers.

GuyBrown
03-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Chico: Thanks for the reports, sounds encouraging. Regards.

fishmaster
03-28-2008, 05:33 AM
The Bullheads took over that lake quicker than the pike. Before they poisoned it, you couldn't throw a line in the water with out a Bullhead taking it. Cant wait to get up there and try it out.

kayakfisherman
03-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I was out at Lake Davis and Frenchman today looking around. Lake Davis looked pretty iced up still, I walked down to honker cove, you could almost drive to the parking area, and the ramp area had about 2 feet of snow. When will they start to reintroduce those big rainbows?

Frenchman was much closer to ice out, it was starting to get some ice break up and there was some open water around the shore line and the ice looked thin. I drove out to the dam after that there are patches of snow on the road ways.

Mr_Ed
03-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the report, looks like those two will be a moth behind last years dates.

I expect Davis to be 3 weeks behind Frenchman, this year.

wolfden
03-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I just got back from a ride up to Frenchman and it has not changed much from last weekend....Still iced over .....ice looks thinner but it will be at least another week before it has some fishable water. >:( >:( >:(

mrsockeye
03-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey those bullheads are awesome. *I know it blasphemy on the trout board, but the action on them was red hot. *Perfect fishing for kids. *I personally would go up there with family, and there kids, set out there rods, and let them catch the fish. *They'd reel them in, and I'd sit there and fillet them. *We'd take 30 or 40 an outing, then fry them the next day. [smiley=chowtime.gif] [smiley=chowtime.gif] :) *It doesn't get any better than that. *Just trying to do my part to rid the lake of the bullheads. :D *I hope this pike treatment works, third time is a charm. *I also hope the bullheads return in good numbers of 10-12" fish. *I hear they didn't kill all of them. *

B-RAN
03-30-2008, 02:57 PM
when do you think the plants will happen ?