PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle this past Friday 3/21/08

trubby
03-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Sorry for the late post, but I didn't want to pass up on the opportunity to share another great fishing experience at Del Valle. For the past two months in a row, I have shattered my personal best records in Rainbow Trout. Last month was a 6.5 lb beauty and this past Friday I landed a 9 pounder that was full of fight. She was a leaping fish with great strength and determination. She kept me busy for approximately 20 minutes as I battled her on 4 pound line with an ultra-light pole. She ran several times ripping off approximately 30-50' of line each time, while at the same time displaying her leaping abilities with an aerial display of brute strength. She looked diffeent from all of the other trout that I have ever caught at Del Valle of any where for that matter. A friend of mine said that she looked like an Eagle Lake Trout. Personally, I see a lot of Chinook Salmon in her. Whatever she is, she is my best trout to date.

I ended up catching 7 fish altogether, which were all the typical DFG planter size. All of them were caught in the South End from my boat which was anchored in 8.5' of murky water. I was using white power eggs and Chartreuse Power Worms with a sliding sinker set-up and a 2' leader. I was on the water at 6:30am with my first fish by 7:00am and my last fish was taken around 2:30 pm.

I will put some pictures up tomorrow. Have a great weekend fishing!

Patrick

CountryBoy
03-23-2008, 11:50 PM
sounds like an awesome day! congrats on your Personal Best! ;)

trubby
03-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting this picture. Here she is, all 9 pounds and 30 inches of this sweet lunker. Notice the tail... Nice and ful, she was a fighter...

Patrick
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5416/delvalle9lb30inchrainbojb8.jpg

johnbfishin
03-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Nice fish!
DV is only going to get better as springs sets in. 8-)

fishmaster
03-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Looks like one of the holdovers. Congrats, Thats a nice fish!

Klamdog
03-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Trubby,
Nice fish! *Wish we could have got into one of those today! *Went out today, had alot of fun, but all small!

Polebrother
03-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Beautiful fish for sure. *Congrats!