PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 3/22-3/23

SalmoClarki
03-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Got to the lake around 2:30 Saturday and went straight out to the willows. We marked quite a few fish in the area but only managed one fish in an hour or so on a mongoose coyote spoon. We then headed over to warrior where we again started marking a lot of fish in 30-40ft. of water. I picked up five in that area with 4 coming on a trophy stick down around 10ft. Those trophy sticks are pretty deadly ;) The other was on a ladybug lyman. We called it quits around 6:00 with six to the boat and a few dr's. All fish were 17"-20".
Today was a whole different story. The weather was beautiful but the fishing was slow to say the least. I decided to start at hells kitchen since the water was smooth. I spent a good 3 hours over there marking a bunch of fish but only got two takers that were average size on the old faithful red frog lyman. I tried the needles, willows, mushroom, and everywhere else for that matter but couldn't buy a strike after that. Nothing was working for us but i didn't mind that much since the weather was great and my pops has never been there before. I gave him the full tour of the east side and north end. We both had a great time and he's already asking me when i want to go again. ;D It was great finally getting back out there and hope to be back soon. It was good to see you again Chick ;)

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/fishing_016_Custom_.jpg

sunrise on the east side
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/fishing_017_Custom_.jpg

steam geyser at the needles
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/fishing_018_Custom_1.jpg

mrsockeye
03-23-2008, 08:54 PM
I was there yesterday, as Doc said, at this time of year it is feast or famine. When you find them, and they are biting, the fishing is fast and furious.

freon
03-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Great report and pics buddy, glad you got into them some, it was a nice prefest report ;)

Farrier_Frank
03-24-2008, 05:38 AM
... as Doc said, at this time of year it is feast or famine. *When you find them, and they are biting, the fishing is fast and furious.

How true that is. This year I made Pyramid my target lake and fished it all winter, mostly with Mongo. I never got skunked but there were a few days it took all day to land a fish. Other days we couldn't keep them off the hook. A good example was a month ago. I was there for a two day fishing trip and the first day, Monday, between three of us we only managed to land 5.... and that was all day long. It was so bad I told Mongo I'd need to be heading home by noon the next day. Tuesday was a different story. By noon Tuesday we were catching fish left and right and Mongo asked me if we should head back to the dock so I could head home. Not a chance. We didn't pull off the water 'till 4 and had a 30 fish day. Go figure.

CHICKFISHING58
03-24-2008, 08:46 AM
SJ,
It was great seeing you again Sunday was slow for us also we only landed 9 in the boat and 4 ldr's ;)

Thanks for the warning by the mushroom I would hate to lose a downrigger ball :-*

Are you going to make the fest?

SalmoClarki
03-24-2008, 01:47 PM
I wish i could make it to the fest but work seems to always get in the way. That spot at mushroom came out of nowhere. It went from 50ft to 6ft. in no time. I'm sure glad i wasn't down deep or it could have gotten ugly. It looked like some sort of downed tree or something.

metalmouth
03-24-2008, 01:50 PM
I drug some tackle there myself one time. I missed it with the rigger but found it with the lures on the planer board. :-/

Mr_Ed
03-24-2008, 06:13 PM
SJ;

Glad to hear that the boat was running !!

Sorry to hear you did not kill them, though.

At least you did not have a Lyman "nest" to fix. ;)

better luck next time.........Ed

SalmoClarki
03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
The motor ran great all weekend which was a relief. It still has planted the seed of doubt in my mind though. :-/ *I made sure to keep the lines far apart this time. ;D

cuhogn
03-24-2008, 08:23 PM
I wish i could make it to the fest but work seems to always get in the way.
Now come on, who's going to drag a triple x around with me ;) besides after that wekend we will be coming home to the start of the "cup" run. Work will be there when you get back, it always is :-/.
Hope to se you up there.

SalmoClarki
03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Thats the problem with a family business. There's always something that needs attention. Actually my pops and I are installing a new boiler in our plant and we need to have it plumbed by monday morning. No steam = no production. I wish you guys a safe trip and hope you knock em' dead. I sure hope the weather holds out for you. ;)

tyeroflies
03-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us SJ. *Not sure if I'll be heading over the hill either.

[/quote]Now come on, who's going to drag a triple x around with me [/quote]
From the last time we spoke, your boat sounded full so I'm sure you'll find someone ;)