PDA

View Full Version : Shadow cliff 3/21

justme2
03-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Went to shadow cliff today, got there at about 9:30am. The docks were packed so I walked down to the right. Came up to a group of people and they had a 7 to 8 pound large mouth bass they had caught on power bait. I walked down just past the second dock and started fishing and did not even get a bite. Went back to the 1st dock at about 2:00pm and sat there until 6:00PM without even a bite then finally caught 1 fish about 2 pounds. Pretty slow.

johnbfishin
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
justme2, you didn't say what you were using?
Back in the day when I fished SC we would use 1/2 of an inflated crawler with a marsh mallow off the bottom about 18".
We used to park on Stanley Blvd and walk in before the gates open, as I understand it you can't park there anymore?

Dustriver
03-21-2008, 08:30 PM
That is too bad. I hit Contra Loma today & for the last week it has been nothing but dinks as far as trout goes. There was 1 five pounder caught this whole week when I have been there. There have been some largemouth caught. On tuesday, I caught a 2 pounder on a bottom rigged nightcrawler.... It seems like the Bass are starting to wake up a little at Shadow Cliffs too. :P

justme
03-24-2008, 05:27 AM
I usually use night crawlers but this was my first time fishing shadow cliffs. I thought they sold bait there so I did not bring any. I ended up fishing with a power egg power bait combo on one and power bait on the other. Nothing all day. At about 5:30 one of the other guy's fishing (he did not get a bite all day and he was using night crawlers) gave me 2 night crawlers. I put them on both poles and at about 6:00PM I finally caught a fish. But that was it. I sat thereuntil about 7:00PM without another bite.