PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 3-19: This week's excuse!

FishWisher
03-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Unlike HookedForLife's excellent report, we didn't fare so well on Camanche yesterday. But that only inspires greater creativity for the scientific excuse why: As we all know, it was due to the full moon and those durn fish feeding all night long! And, of course, the fact that we launched a couple of hours later than HookedForLife makes a good excuse, too.

My buddy John pretty much inventoried his trout box as he tried nearly everything he had, all at or near the surface. I tried my new Rapala mini-BBRs in FireTiger from the surface to about 20 feet as we trolled the islands, the dam and the narrows. We each had brief strikes that didn't stick.

I had the pleasure of breaking in my new Humminbird 757c, though, and that was a lot of fun. That's my first color FF/GPS/Chartplotter. It is a wonderful unit. I really liked the "birdseye" view of the chartplotter as it shows a completely different chart angle.

I was also very impressed with how easy that Humminbird was to install since my boat came with a B&W Humminbird FF. I simply lifted the old one off the mount and the new one fit right on. The dual frequency transducer didn't need changing, either. I did have to plug the GPS antenna into the base, but that was a snap.

Photo of the "birdseye" chartplotter view on my homepage.

www.fishwisher.com

Dale

wackyd
03-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Well ive been in the same boat one day your an expert and the next your not that hapened to me the last two times thanks for the report and lets get'em next time.

fishnmike2002
03-20-2008, 03:44 PM
That's Comanche. One day its on and the next its not. On that lake early is always better.

FishnMike