PDA

View Full Version : Hennessey ..???

HomerDodd
03-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I know the recent storms filled Lake Hennessey pretty good (that's great news!), and the boat ramp is open again. Just wondering if the lake is stained or clear enough for top-line trolling and what the water clarity is like and how the trout are hitting. Anyone troll the main body between the boat launch and the dam buoys? I usually use Needlefish, Super Dupers,Mepps spinners or Rapala Cripple-lures, with pretty good success. This is my favorite lake, but I haven't fished it since last October. Anyone been there in the last week or so...?? THANKS....

Cracker Jacks
03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I fished it last weekend. The bass would be your best bet. I trolled for a bit but no bite. The water looked clear don't know the Temp

Dustriver
03-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Right now there are a lot of bass nesting on the north side. Trout bite is off, even though they are stocking. It usually revs up around April-May....

Ol Angi
03-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Try using power bait or night crawlers from the shore. Throw your second rod out and fish for bass. I never fish Hennessey for bass, so I don't know what to try. I have 3 vineyard ponds that I catch bass almost all year around, so I go to Hennessey strictly for trout.