PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tips

Fish_Bully
03-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I know not by first hand knowledge, rather this scuttlebutt is from a very reliable source:

This weekend Los Vaqueros reservoir will be planted with very many Rainbows in the 5# range. I mean a boat load! This will far and away be the largest plant of the entire year for this lake.

Woodward reservoir between Oakdale and Escalon was recently planted with tons (literally) of Cuttbows up to the 7# class. Someone I know caught a 6# Cuttbow last week. This lake is butt ulgy...like the north end of a southbound mule, but it may be the ticket if you want a large Cuttbow.

Flip

DazShooter
03-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I know not by first hand knowledge, rather this scuttlebutt is from a very reliable source:

This weekend Los Vaqueros reservoir will be planted with very many Rainbows in the 5# range. I mean a boat load! This will far and away be the largest plant of the entire year for this lake.

Woodward reservoir between Oakdale and Escalon was recently planted with tons (literally) of Cuttbows up to the 7# class. Someone I know caught a 6# Cuttbow last week. This lake is butt ulgy...like the north end of a southbound mule, but it may be the ticket if you want a large Cuttbow.

Flip

Ok I'll bite... last weekend they planted 5,000#'s into L.V. Are you saying they are going to be planting even more this weekend? :o

bobcatken
03-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Called the LV marina today and they said there will not be another plant this weekend. *I'll try my luck there on Saturday and post a report later.

Fish_Bully
03-18-2008, 03:24 PM
That's precisely the way I heard it DazShooter. The size of Rainbows in this plant is supposed to be much larger than those in last weekend's plant, which were anywhere from .5 - 2 lbs. I believe LV is going to be planted with far bigger fish than any other East Bay lake this year.

Flip

Fish_Bully
03-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey Daz and bobcatken - I cannot speak for the marina but this is not one of the many scheduled plants that normally occur. I know from reading the posts that you are LV regulars. Check your PMs.

Flip