PDA

View Full Version : pyramid john b and mongo

fernley_tim
03-11-2008, 01:24 PM
took john b out monday fished the north end most fish small except my 25" fattie ;) 8-) fish were more scattered then last week :-/ we had a total of 14 fish to the boat.
my 25 incher
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7782/1001615hv1.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3066/1001616al9.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2880/1001617tu3.jpg
looks like my shutter got stuck on johns fish :-/ he looks better that way ;D ;D
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/696/1001619nd8.jpg

Topaz_Tom
03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Good Job Guys. Mongo that is a fat fish, I like the pic of JohnB, turned out pretty cool. Man, I got to get to Pyramid, I haven't been since Thanksgiving. :'( Looks like I'm gonna have to wait till the fest. :-/ Thanks for the report and pics.

Captain_Morgan
03-11-2008, 05:49 PM
You guys better save us some fishing for the fest. Don't run them off. ;D

johnbfishin
03-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Thank you for the ride Tim. 8-)
It was a great day on Pyramid with the water staying flat all day, I'll see if I can order up some more for the fest. ;D

We started the day off with a double that of course made us think we were in for a banner day, it wasn't to be though. We did have one more double but for the most part we trolled a lot of empty water.

Nice pic of me with a fish mongo.....funny how those things happen ::).

Oh yeah, I was cut loose from work at noon on Sun. so I went to Cabela's, I got out the door with spending only $135.00. One item I bought was a rubber net so Frank won't be complaining about my old string net at the Pyramid Fest. ;) ;D ;D

Farrier_Frank
03-12-2008, 04:32 PM
.... One item I bought was a rubber net so Frank won't be complaining about my old string net....

I don't believe it, John!!!!!! You finally bought a net; a real net?[smiley=yahoo.gif]

Last year JohnB and I were on our annual 4 day koke hunt at Hell Hole and before we headed up the hill to the Hole I asked if I should bring my net - my really good koke net with the long handle - and John says, "Not necessary. I've got a net."[smiley=smiley_crazy.gif]

What a joke. John shows up with a tennis racket he calls a net. Four days of getting my arm pit wet, trying to reach far enough back to net the koke before it went berserk and took off.... not doing that again. ::)

Bring the new net to the Fest, John. I want to check it out before we hit the Hole this year. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

Big Ken
03-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Tim that is a fattie..nice job. In regards to the last pic. you guys were fishing pyramid? just buy looking @ the shapes you would never forget. ;)

fishnphool

johnbfishin
03-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Sorry Frank, it doesn't have a 10' handle. You'll still need to learn how to bring a koke to the boat, then let it run and bring it back....that's what drags are for.
I will say I'm looking forward to not having to cut your lure off so you can get back to fishing....though that was kinda fun. ;D

CHICKFISHING58
03-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Great job Mongo I love the fish but where is the 10 lb fish [smiley=nana.gif] :-*

JohnB,
Sorry I missed you this trip hopefully I can make it up to you [smiley=naughty.gif] ::)

tahomus
03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
nice to see misty is still around!

Pyramid_Kid
03-14-2008, 04:08 PM
John B, I cant believe you were in town and didnt even call me to say hi :'(.

Nice lookin fish Tim.

fishingrampa
03-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey Tim, I haven't caught one over 24" in the five trips I've been on this season. What's the big idea? You better show me how.
FishinGrampa

johnbfishin
03-15-2008, 08:37 PM
nice to see misty is still around!

She's hanging in there, at 13 she's still a gamer....must be all those fish she eats. ;)

Bryant, I started to come and see you but I got stuck in that roundy round thing they built. ;D

Beth, I'll book with you next time, mongo isn't very nice to when it comes to putting guests on fish. ;) ;D

AllFishNoWork
03-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Nice work gettin on some fish guys, thanks for the pics!.

We started the day off with a double that of course made us think we were in for a banner day
It always happens to me if I catch one right out the gate, the rest of the day sucks. Kinda like hittin your drive off the first tee long and strait.

John B, I cant believe you were in town and didnt even call me to say hi
I was gonna call you out on that too, but you mention you did stop by on Sunday. I did work that Sun, but only a couple hours and early in the morning. Sorry I missed you.
Round abouts are no excuse. 8-)

johnbfishin
03-16-2008, 08:13 PM
I was gonna call you out on that too, but you mention you did stop by on Sunday.

I did ask a couple of guys in the fishing department if you were there, they said we have 300 employees where does he work....I said at Cabela's *[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]
They did direct me to the Deli but you were long gone. 8-)

CHICKFISHING58
03-17-2008, 08:29 AM
JohnB,
I'll give you the VIP treatment ::)