Captain Compassion
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Seems some folks got into Indian Creek Res. :o
http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20080312/OUTDOORS/634326370

CC

cgagex3
03-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice,
I wait with "baited" breath for a return trip to ICR.
Looks like Good Friday trip with Brad. Amador, haven't been yet this year, are they ready for us.

CG

Captain Compassion
03-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Nice,
I wait with "baited" breath for a return trip to ICR.
Looks like Good Friday trip with Brad. Amador, haven't been yet this year, are they ready for us.

Guess I'll have to try ICR again next week if it doesn't snow. Haven't been to Amador in 30 years. Hopefully the Hunk can put us on to some fish. Looking forward to seeing you again.

CC

MattMan
03-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Captain, thanks for that link. I just added it to my favorites. I assume they give the reports all year round. Good stuff. ;) Good luck at ICR when you finally get up there. ;)

Captain Compassion
03-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Captain, thanks for that link. I just added it to my favorites. I assume they give the reports all year round. Good stuff. *;) Good luck at ICR when you finally get up there. *;)

Yes. The Nevada Appeal has the report every Thursday. Some of the places such as the Topaz Lake General Store seem to hype the catch a bit but over all the report is fairly good.

CC

fishingrampa
03-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey Captain great website. Thanks, FishinGrampa

Captain Compassion
03-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Captain, thanks for that link. I just added it to my favorites. I assume they give the reports all year round. Good stuff. *;) Good luck at ICR when you finally get up there. *;)

Matt. Be aware that the hyperlink address of the report may change from week to week. Best to go here http://www.nevadaappeal.com/section/OUTDOORS and search for the report.

CC

MattMan
03-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks, Captain. Saved that one too. ;)

Jetspray
03-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I talked to Dave at Woodford's station today and he said the guys are taking the back road to the lake and able to get in. It is supposed to snow tonight, Sat, and Sun so hopefully it will stay open......Jetspray

Captain Compassion
03-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I talked to Dave at Woodford's station today and he said the guys are taking the back road to the lake and able to get in. It is supposed to snow tonight, Sat, and Sun so hopefully it will stay open......Jetspray

I went up there Tuesday and the back road had a road closed sign on it. Put me off. Next time I'll ignore it.

CC

troutfan
03-14-2008, 05:58 PM

I went up there Tuesday and the back road had a road closed sign on it. Put me off. Next time I'll ignore it.

CC

I've taken that road many times over the years when there was snow on the ground. *It's a blast with a good four-wheel drive! 8-) That closed sign does mean that you enter at your own risk.

Hi_Tide
03-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Anything on Walker Lk yet this yr?

Captain Compassion
03-15-2008, 04:37 AM
Anything on Walker Lk yet this yr?

Not hearing any really good stuff out ot Walker Lake. Here is something from the local paper.
http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20080313/OUTDOORS/937983255

CC

Hi_Tide
03-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks, CC.
Too bad. Its gone this way before & I've been surprised to see it turn around. maybe not this time. Fish get the water last.