PDA

View Full Version : Chabot 3/8/08

CountryBoy
03-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Short and sweet again. Nothin. Fished at coots landing. Got two bites but no fish. Only heard of 2 other fish being caught. This has been my 5th unsuccesful trip in a row. anyday now its gonna break wide open. Mark my words. The only uspside is that it isnt just me. no one is catching fish... anywho im starting to get tired of these skunks but like I said before, im not givin up till i catch fish
Country Boy

troutfan
03-09-2008, 07:45 AM
I feel your pain CB. My home lake has been the same way and I know that there is a good population of holdover trout in Topaz. We've been experiencing very cold weather. I hope both our lakes pick up soon. I'll be making half as many trips to out-lying lakes due to the price of gas. :(

GoneCountry
03-09-2008, 09:04 AM
SLOW is not even a word for that lake this year but Im glad in a way I havent missed the turnover......your right that anytime it is due....but they only drop in about 500 lbs a week. No tellin how many get eaten by them darn birds,,,,,

Fishfreak2407
03-10-2008, 08:58 AM
heck 500 lbs at chabot , they are just feeding the bass!!!!! ;D

CountryBoy
03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I feel your pain CB. *My home lake has been the same way and I know that there is a good population of holdover trout in Topaz. *We've been experiencing very cold weather. *I hope both our lakes pick up soon. *I'll be making half as many trips to out-lying lakes due to the price of gas. :(

It sucks doesnt it TF? and I know what you mean about the gas its rediculous... >:( >:(

CountryBoy
03-10-2008, 01:26 PM
SLOW is not even a word for that lake this year but Im glad in a way I havent missed the turnover......your right that anytime it is due....but they only drop in about 500 lbs a week. No tellin how many get eaten by them darn birds,,,,, * *

seriously i wish they could do something about the cormorants(sp?)...anyway your right DEAD is the right word. But like I said ill be going back till i catch fish. Hell im already goin back tomorrow ;D ::)

HBFishin
03-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I think I have had maybe 2 skunks at chabot total in years of fishing.... until this year. I have 2 skunks in a row. Have got only one fish this year so far.
The water is really filled with algae, more so than previous years.
The bird population is more a problem this year than previous years.
And there seams to be more anglers out than ever.
It is harder to find the fish on the finder with all the algae and debris.

It is a tough little lake right now. I hope she starts giving in and letting us catch something.

CountryBoy
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
thats all true...Ive had my fair share of skunks at chabot but Ive also had very many succesful days there. It really is a great lake but this year is the worst i've Fished in a while. Ive been fishing steadily there for about 5 years.