PDA

View Full Version : Vaqueros

trout buster
03-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Very slow is all I can say.Fished the south shore today without a bite.Saw one guy catch a carp.Then I saw his kid lose a nice what looked to be a trout.Looks like he should have loosened his drag.All in all,beautiful weather but no fish.Better luck next time.

ducman
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
According to www.norcalfishing.com
LV hasnt been stocked since 2/5/08 the next time they say they will stock is 3/15/08 supposedly 5000 lbs, something to do with Zebra Mussel infestation

Dustriver
03-09-2008, 09:21 AM
The fish are more towards the north side. You have to walk in a ways to find a good spot right now.

GottabKevin
03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
when they plant the fish will the fish be active right then and there in the south cove? ive always wondered if it took the fish time to adust to the lake or not. because i really want some big action going on thes saturday. ;D

tbruski
03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
You can check out the web site for Los Vaqueros @ ccwater.com/losvaqueros/fishing.asp. It talks about last years 5,000 lb plant on the left hand side of the page. Looked to be pretty good. I'm going Sunday.

2chips
03-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Bank fishing at Los Vaqueros from 3pm-8pm last Saturday. Using nightcrawlers. Got the first and only bite at 7:20pm. Wham! My ultra light was bent over like noodle. It turned out to be an 11 lb striper bass. ;D ;D ;D

ducman
03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
when they plant the fish will the fish be active right then and there in the south cove? ive always wondered if it took the fish time to adust to the lake or not. because i really want some big action going on thes saturday. ;D
Usually when they plant the South Cove is pretty hot, the fish will eventually migrate, areas to the left of the Marina are pretty good also, and further left is good too, they call it the "Rock Wall"
Good luck