PDA

View Full Version : Comanche 3/8

fishnmike2002
03-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Took dad and a buddy of mine to Comanche on Sat. Started off trolling Rapalas off the south shore ramp heading for the narrows. While setting out the first Rapala I had a trout take the line out of my hand as I was hooking it into the the downrigger clip. We worked the south and north shore and narrows until about 9:30 for two big crappie, a bass, 1 trout and lost a trout about 3 lbs. Then the bite died.

We headed to the dam and began trolling the circuit of Hat Island, over to Little Hat then back to Hat. Took a little tinkering but finally found the bite about noon by slow trolling grubs and jointed Rapalas. We kept 7 trout, best was a little over 3 lbs, and let one or two go. Missed and lost a fair amount. All the fish were on top out over deep water, nothing trolling over the flats at all.

FishnMike

FishWisher
03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks, Fishnmike, good report. I may make it out there this week.

Dale

SuperDave
03-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Mike,

How come your fish counts are always higher when I'm not fishing with you? :-/ ;)

waterdog
03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Nice report. Guess I need to give Camache a try soon. Havent been there for 6 months. I noticed that you caught 2 large crappie. Last year on my last trip to Camanche while toplining for trout I caught the biggest crappie I have ever caught or seen. I didnt have a scale but it was huge. I was sure that it was a large mouth bass until I got it in the boat.
Waterdog :)

fishnmike2002
03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Mike,

How come your fish counts are always higher when I'm not fishing with you? * :-/ * ;)

Dave I think you answered your own question *::) * ;D

Waterdog, there are a ton of giant crappie in that lake. Starting in March they will suspend at or near the surface and eat anything that looks like a shad.

The fishing is getting better with the warmer water temps, it was up to 54 on Saturday. Another week of this weather and the bite should be on.

FishnMike

cptdarel
03-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Mike,

How come your fish counts are always higher when I'm not fishing with you? * :-/ * ;)

FishnMike
dup! [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

SuperDave
03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Mike,

FishnMike

I know, I was just throwing you an easy underhand lob. ;)

kokemachine83
03-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Mike, Way to go!!! I knew you would get some fish out of that lake!!! Sounds like our spot has died down a little. Looks like they want something slow now!!! Congrats on some trout and other kinds of fish to go with them... Might be heading back up there this weekend. Or just might head over to Berryessa and see if i can boat some fish!!! Keep in touch and say "Hi" to dad. Hope see you on the water soon.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

TroutWagon
03-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Fishnmike2002,

Nice report on the trout, looks like you gotta work a little to get them to bite. Thanks for the tip on the camanche bite, I fished Berryessa sunday for Zero, though I heard over the radio that you bought propdusters alumaweld. Sweet I got one too, you'll like It alot, they handle in good and bad weather, you'll be catching a lot of fish from that vessel there excellent fishing machines. Going out on sat. to either pardee or camanche. take care

Troutwagon(rich)