PDA

View Full Version : Bows and Browns R bustin @ Beardsley

Slim
03-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I made it to the water at 10:30 am.
It was like glass... till a boat ran across it stirring things up....right Steveo? ;-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/03%2008%2008/FromDam4.jpg

An unfortunate event happened to one of my buddy's while getting ready to get on the water. He tweaked his back while raising the foot to put his boots on. I had to take him home, he didn't even get a chance to throw the line out. Ouch *:'(

But I was able to return & got on the water at 1:00. the short of it is... I landed 3 and LDR a half Dz and missed many, many hits.. It was a little frustrating... I couldn't get a good hook set. But.... the action was good... at lease there were lots of action, unlike that OTHER Lake down the hill ;-)

The bankers were knocking them dead also. When I got there one guy already had a stringer full with 4 browns (up to 4 lb) and a 1 rainbow. And I watched him and his sons continue to catch them all day .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/03%2008%2008/Bankers2cropped.jpg

Then late in the afternoon some strange guy in a boat broke the quiet solitude by yelling "Hey, any Sniffer in the neighborhood? ;D

"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/03%2008%2008/Stevoandguyandcropped.jpg

I watched Steve and Guy and (?) motor across the lake while pulling in 2 of the many fish they caught that afternoon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/03%2008%2008/Stevolandingcropped.jpg

There was a little bit of wind but not too bad. Nice sunny day on the water. *8-)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/03%2008%2008/uprivercanyonsmllr.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/03%2008%2008/?action=view&current=waternicesmllr.jpg

My other buddy, caught a couple and missed a few... so there was fish to be had by all. 8-)

Slim

Chadzilla
03-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Great report Slim and nice pics as always. You sold me... think I'll be heading out there this week. I thought the water would have been a little higher now, but Steveo's boat is pretty good size so I should be able to get mine in/out.

Flycanoe
03-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your buddy and late start, hope he's ok. Sounds like you still got in some good fishing in the afternoon.

How's the snow on the road to the day use area/boat ramp? Is it passable by 2wd yet?

steveo79
03-09-2008, 08:12 AM
We had a great day at Beardsley, nice to see the famous tube fisherman known as Slim out as well. You are a good friend to care of your buddy like that, I think guy and Uncle Dan would have left me in the truck with a couple of beers, and said, "Take it easy, we'll be back later" ;)

Access to the lake, boat wise, was as easy as it has ever been. Its lower then it was the last time we were there; so, dodge a few stumps and rocks, and drop the boat in. I dont think I even got my trucks tires wet. I even pulled the boat up that steep horrible grade, just to show Uncle Dan that the little toyota are excellent low water lake assault vehicles. I have some pics to share, but I've got a honey do list a mile long to take care of. Funny how that happens after a "leave at 7am, get home at 8:45" day of fishing with the boys....

steveo79
03-09-2008, 08:13 AM
How's the snow on the road to the day use area/boat ramp? Is it passable by 2wd yet?

YES!

stonesfan
03-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey Steveo78 plus 1, Man you and that NET, your a natural.........LOL

How small is that lake anywho, you mentioned some Tree Stumps,

did you folks have to dodge any while in the water? Great Pic's as

usual, hope to see you on the water soon.............. [smiley=alien.gif].

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

Manteca Steve
03-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey Slim
That was a good thing helping out your buddy. That what good friends do *;) helps out. Glad to see you went back and catch some fish. Good things happen to good people.

Great pics Tks

steveo 79
7am - 8.45" I don't think I would've made it home, I would have faced the wrath! ;D I'm sure you had fun right! ;D

stonesfan
03-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Yea Steveo79, if I knew I wasn't going to be home until 8:45pm,

I would have just kept driving till I found a Flower Shop that was

open, and spent half my paycheck just to play it safe.............

My wife don't play that game, HOMEY.................... [smiley=clown.gif]

Domesticated stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

Fish_Bully
03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Slim, I hope your buddy is okay. He obviously picked a good fishing partner. ;)

Thanks for the picture show as well. Sounds like an awesome time to be at Beardsley.

Flip

steveo79
03-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I feel like I'm hijacking Slim's thread, sorry about that! ;)

steveo 79
7am - 8.45" I don't think I would've made it home, I would have faced the wrath!

My wife and I have an understanding....I go fishing any dang time I want, for as long as I want, and then, I spend the next day, doing all these nasty honey do's, with little, or only muttering under my breath. ;D

would have just kept driving till I found a Flower Shop that was

open, and spent half my paycheck just to play it safe.............
Stonesfan...Flowers?? I had to buy 2 new faucets, and install them in the master bath. I wear the pants in this family, (when she lets me!)

MattMan
03-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Slim, great shots, as usual. And sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he's feeling better. Thanks again. ;)

Athlete24
03-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey I was one of the people enjoying the snow at the gate. We were the last two trucks on the right, grey dodge and a white chevy, we had a little setup and cooked some hotdogs and had a good time. I saw a white truck drive down there and wondered if that was you slim, I was looking for stars.*I wanted to get down there and do some fishing but that wasn't why we were there and we were short on time. :( Nice to hear a good report and good times. *Hopefully the water will come up a bit more, the snow was melting fast.

Slim
03-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey I was one of the people enjoying the snow at the gate. We were the last two trucks on the right, grey dodge and a white chevy, we had a little setup and cooked some hotdogs and had a good time. *I saw a white truck drive down there and wondered if that was you slim, I was looking for stars.*I wanted to get down there and do some fishing but that wasn't why we were there and we were short on time. :( Nice to hear a good report and good times. *Hopefully the water will come up a bit more, the snow was melting fast.

Yea, the snow is melting ...Yahoo!!! The three feet of snow on my lawn is almost compleatly gone. :D

Looked like a regular party there at the gate...Looked like you guys were having fun also. 8-)

No don't have stars yet. Someday though...

Slim