PDA

View Full Version : Ten Mile Lake (Reedsport Oregon)?

Trout Tracker
03-08-2008, 05:15 PM
My older brother lives in Coos Bay and if i can afford the gas i am going to visit him in early May.
I want to fish Ten Mile Lake for trout.I have looked all over the internet for any information as far as what type of tackle or bait to use and can't find anything.
Has anyone ever fished this lake?Or knows of a web site that i can get some pointers from.
Thank you.
Bob

J2K7
03-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Bob,

I have a couple of brothers that live in Oregon also. I haven't fished Ten Miles Lakes but I have found a little info in the following book link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=lQbXDQdEWSIC&pg=RA1-PA71&lpg=RA1-PA71&dq=tenmile+lake+trout&source=web&ots=qPdurBIg zL&sig=e4x8y_ZZTnNYS3l1sUjVwhz_LZY&hl=en#PRA1-PA71,M1

Also, here's a link to a map pinpointing where to fish for different species:

http://www.lakesidemarinallc.net/ten-mile-lakes-fishing-map.htm

Hope this helps a little...wish I was there!

Jim

MrDwnRigger
03-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I have fished North 10 mile lake in the late 80s two years in a row for a week of vacation. I went up there to see if I could catch some of the hybrid stripers (cross between white bass and stripers). Only was able to catch one hybrid but caught lots of largemouth. Also caught some nice rainbows. It's not very deep or very large but it is very pretty up there. I Don't believe there are any hybrids left since technically they cannot reproduce. I don't think there is a lot of shore access so you will need a boat. There was a dock at that time you could fish off of in the campground we stayed at. But I'm not sure about that now. Definitely take your bass equipment.

MrD

SSTiddy
03-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey Trout Tracker. I used to live in Florence, and have fished 10 mile and Eel lakes. It's been quite a few years, but our tried and true method back then was trolling wedding rings tipped with a piece of a nightcrawler, behind a set of Ford Fenders. When ever that wasn't working, we would search for deep water, and dunk inflated nightcrawlers 18"-24" off of the bottom. Just an FYI, we always had better luck catching trout at Eel lake. And better luck catching bass at North 10 mile. As for what is being used now to catch'em you might try giving these folks a call. Tenmile Marina 541-759-3137 or North Lake Resort 541-759-3515. If you end up going please let me know how you do. I love hearing about the fishing back in Oregon. Good luck out there!!!!!
"Tight Lines" Steve

Trout Tracker
03-09-2008, 06:01 AM
J2k7.
I checked out the link that you provided and found it to be very interesting.
It told me what i wanted to know.Sounds like Ten Mile Lake is more of a Bass fishery than anything else.I had planned on possibly renting a boat so getting on the water will be no problem.
Thanks to all for the information.
Bob