PDA

View Full Version : If you had one day...  (Sunday)

The_Rand_Man
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Where would you recommend I drive to for a best opportunity at a trout? (I live in SF) Im willing to drive a few hours...... -Thanks

Mickey_Thomas
03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Just from the reports I've been reading, I'd say Amador, Camanchee, or Pardee.

cgagex3
03-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Read around the reports have been good at Del Valle too. Read the threads if you are banking, if you are bringing a boat just remember all three listed above are EBMUD drinking water lakes and the are inspecting all boats. Not hard to pass if your boat is clean and dry.
They even inspect my pontoon at the gate (even though they kind of laugh about that).
If you are banking it Pardee, Amador & Camanche including the pond are all kicking out nice fish.
I will be at one of them Saturday morning with my toon.

CG

Jetspray
03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Go accross the bay and take 80 east, take the exit for San Pablo Dam and fish there. Easy day and not too much driving, there is a good hamburger joint in the marina too.....Jetspray

B-RAN
03-06-2008, 07:34 PM

got that right ! ;)

SlamminAmador
03-06-2008, 07:48 PM
del valle, or camanche, 3rd would be Pardee

The_Rand_Man
03-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys. I think I will try Dell Valle. I suppose I fish by the marina with power bait and crawlers? Any othe suggestions? -Thanks??

Ill be from shore..... How much help do you think renting a boat would be? Necessary?

Double_D
03-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Where would you recommend I drive to for a best opportunity at a trout? *(I live in SF) *Im willing to drive a few hours...... * *-Thanks

How about the Polio Pond (Lake Merced) in San Francisco for a quick fix also you might want to look into some east bay lakes like Lake Temescal in Oakland, Lafayette Res. in Lafayette and Contra Loma Res. in Antioch

ECVMatt
03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm heading to Bon Tempe/Lagunitas Lakes in Fairfax tomorrow. They were both stocked this week. I understand the big bass bite can be pretty good right after a trout stock too, but I will stick too: find nice spot, tie hook, put powerbait on, cast, open beer, relax...

notenufffishn
03-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Bereyessa has my vote

2chips
03-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys. I think I will try Dell Valle. I suppose I fish by the marina with power bait and crawlers? Any othe suggestions? -Thanks??

Ill be from shore..... How much help do you think renting a boat would be? Necessary?

you may try the south end. go over the bridge and turn right. park in the last parking lot and walk down to the shoreline. I fished there with crawlers+poweregg comb last Sunday from 8:00am. trouts were very active. pulled in my first 16" before casting out the 2nd rod. had constant bites till 10:30am. overall hooked up eight trouts and missed two. all trouts are between 12" to 16". I kept four 16"ers.

The_Rand_Man
03-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks! So Ill come in on Dell Valle Road, cross the bridge and go right? Park in the last parking lot, and walk down to the water? Just making sure I follow. Much appreciated.

johnbfishin
03-07-2008, 12:26 PM

What, you don't like Melones anymore? ;)

Randman, Chabot, Shadow Cliffs and Del Valle are all good bets this time of year.

Jetspray
03-07-2008, 12:31 PM
The Rand Man you will want to get as close to the river inlet as possible this time of year. The closer the better, I would try the end south of the marina by parking as close to the marina inlet road entrance and walking down to the lake. That area is reedy (cattails and such) so take a opening.....Jetspray

2chips
03-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks! So Ill come in on Dell Valle Road, cross the bridge and go right? Park in the last parking lot, and walk down to the water? Just making sure I follow. Much appreciated.

right.

thumbuster
03-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Del Valle boats rentals are around 70.00 a day. I'm not sure what the hourly rates are.