PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 3/1 Limit

kokemachine83
03-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Started out near the Narrows around 6:30 am. Cloud cover and a little breeze. Three lines in, all on the surface. Picked five Trout in this area. Then around 12:30 i head towards the dam. That was not a good idea!! The wind was really blowing over there. Trolled until around 3 or so. With no more bites. Headed back in. Got home and wanted to share some photo's, but i started cleaning them before i realized that i for got to get the limit stick out. Oh well. Biggest was 4.5, next was 3.6 and the other 3 were just your normal planters. Taken next weekend off to do some family time in Morro Bay. Until next time. Hopefully it will be a king bite up at Berryessa. Nice talking to FishnMike. Got your self a nice looking boat there, Mike. When do i order my long curb feelers. Just kidding!!! As long as they work and catch fish!!!

Lures: Rapala's
Speed: 2.9 - 3.2
Depths: Surface
Scents: No scent

Good luck to everyone this up coming week!!!

Robbie & Kim (Koke Machine)...

Fish_Bully
03-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Great report Robbie! Sorry you didn't get another lunker that's been around since Noah's flood. You know where I'll be tomorrow so...

Have fun next weekend.

Flip

SSTiddy
03-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey Mr. & Mrs. Kokemachine,
I saw you two out there a few times today. The first time you were hooking up *[smiley=fishing5.gif] around 9am, by the south shore ramp/dock. I saw that you were trolling much faster than me, so since your like a Titan of Trout *[smiley=worthy.gif], I tried to do the same. But that dang rental boat wouldn't hold an idle. I would throttle up to go the speed you seemed to be going, and the dang thing would start sputtering and kicking. So I ended up giving up on trying that *[smiley=wallbash.gif].
I tried just about everthing that I have ever used at Comanche or heard about being used at Comanche and didn't have a bite all day [smiley=sad.gif]. I spent most of the day wrestling with the rental boat. That dang thing handled like a pissed off PBR bull. You knew it was going to eventually spin, you just never knew wich direction, or how fast it was going to be. I will never rent one of those dang tiller boats at Comanche again *[smiley=hissyfit.gif]!!!!! * *Ok my ranting is done.
I'm glad to know that there are still fish in them parts, and that they don't mind offering themselves up to the Titans. Just wish that I was one.
As always thanks for the report, and once I replenish the fishing fund. I hope to see you out there.
* * * *"Tight Lines" * Steve * aka * SSTiddy
On the troll @ 8:30am. Off the Troll @ 4:15pm. Contemplated throwing all gear overboard @ 4:16pm. 4:17pm Decided to get drunk tonight instead. LOL*[smiley=cheers.gif]

maui_mark
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
* * Good report Robbie, as always! I'm glad you and the Mrs. got into 'em.
*SSTiddy (Steve). I like your style! Good skill sets!! *... Attempting to overcome inferior equipment (rental boat), good observation of recognizable performing anglers and their techniques and attempting to emulate same ( trolling speeds), perserverance in the face of non-results ( "trying everything in the tacklebox" with nill results, spite of best attempts, not to mention poor boat perfornce), and finally overcoming that urge to "chuck-it-all" and mellow out with your beverage of choice and contemplate further excursions ( can't tell you how many times I almost "chucked the golf clubs")... and finally for keeping your sense of humor about the day.
Kudos to you and Robbie. Good luck to you Flip.
Mark * *

RMT_Cory
03-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Good Job Robbie I need to get up to see you and Joefish

C-Ya Soon Cory

dave_in_el_dorado
03-01-2008, 10:22 PM
me and ms. dave in el dorado got a late start, we hit the north shore ramp at about 10 am and motored over to the (northwestern) shoreline between hat island and the dam trying to find some wind shelter.

i tried a new (to me) set up similar to what i've read about here and threw together yesterday evening in preparation for today.....orange berkley egg/pearl grub.......we marked some fish over there, and as soon as this rig was let out, FISH ON. we caught three more all decent sized planters to 17 inches using this and with a green grub. also had several hits and a couple LDRs. unfortunately between the late start and the wind, ms. dave in el dorado started to not have fun, so we pulled it in and got off water in the middle of all the bassers......guess there was a tourney out there...

steve, i thought i saw a crazy big guy in a rental, and robbie, i thought i saw you up in the parking lot, but wasnt sure...anywho, had a nice dinner of camanche trout tonight, and i'm itchin to get back out and slow troll this set up again.....today was definitely a tough one to slow troll....

Ironhead
03-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Robbie,

Good job out there, with not many fish being caught, you seem to find them again.

Enjoy Morro next weekend, one of my favorite places to take the wife also.

Ironhead

SSTiddy
03-02-2008, 03:27 PM
*SSTiddy (Steve). I like your style! Good skill sets!! *... *
Mark * *
[smiley=dankk2.gif] Mark. I never give up when it comes to fishing. It might just be the day to land a personal best. And I wouldn't wan't to miss out on that.
I thought that was you Dave. Just read another thread, it looks like BlueFin was out there too.
Glad to see that everyone had a better day than me. I stunk it up enough for everyone else on the lake. Wow am I tired today! feels like I was in an arm wrestling contest with Hulk Hogan. And a UFC bout with Tank Abbot. Everything is sore from fighting that boat and those waves *[smiley=stretcher.gif].
Well until next time, keep'em wet and keep'em tight *[smiley=wink.gif](trollin' is so much fun)!!!!!

jumpinjimmy
03-02-2008, 03:50 PM
I worked the aera between little hat and the dam and we picked up a 4.8 pounder right off the bat and a 2nd planter not long after that, our 3rd fish in Rabbit creek around 10:30 then the wind kicked up and we got ziltched for the rest of the day.
fishing in rough water and wind shure made me tired and sore?? wonder if I can convince the wife fishing is as good as going to the gym? ;D

fishnmike2002
03-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Finally back with the living, got home Saturday nite and the full force of my cold sacked me.

Spent the day fishing between the northshore and southshore pulling various rapalas around 3 mph. Had a lot of bites but most were either misses or we farmed them. Two of them were nice fish. We had two fish in the boat at 2:30 so we headed for the river. Put the rods in under the bridge and got hammered on grubs trolling slow. Put 5 fish in the boat in an hour then headed for the trailer.

The rapalas have a lot of potential but man we sure missed a lot of impressive strikes.

FishnMike

Mr_Ed
03-05-2008, 09:25 AM
I guess we will have to forgive you this time.........

but we what pictures, next time!! ;D ;D

Glad to hear that the fishing is picking up in the Modesto areas!!
Come on Spring!!

I am taking my boat out this week anyway....it has been too long !! Don't care if I get a fish or not. Now see what you did. 8-)

kokemachine83
03-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Fishnmike, We had a few other hits that didn't stick too. But the fish that we hooked good did manage to stay on! Five fish is better than nothing!!
Going to send those pictures of your boat to you tonight. Man i hope you feel better. Get well soon. I'm taking this weekend off to spend some time with Mrs. Koke Machines parents in Morro Bay.

Mr. Ed, Sorry i didn't take any pictures of the fish. If you look back at all my other post, you will see that i always post pictures. Just got home and started cleaning and totally forgot the limit stick. You get out and take the boat for a ride, who knows it just might be your personal best day!!! Good luck and post when you get back!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

fishmaster
03-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Camanche......Trout..... Rapalas........ Sounds like I need to check this lake out.

Bullet_Man
03-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Last week, the DFG dumped in a thousands pounds of their "catchable" size rainbows in Camanche. I went down that evening and threw some hardware from the bank and caught about a dozen in a half an hour and some were only 9 inches long. Depending on the size of your lures, that may be why they aren't sticking. I have found that if you miss a lot of strikes, going to a smaller lure and trolling slower sometimes helps.

Rich

03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Fished today on the water at 8:30 great day. Firertirer rapalas and brown trout patteren were the ticket. 2.5 to 3.2 mph was the speed.
We tried grubs nana. Fish hat island and the mouth of the river, off the lake at 1:30 with two nice fish and lots of misses.
Good to be back in the water I have been fighting the big C I think I have it licked. Fishing is better than Chemo any day, and my boat performed great, Blessing to all

The Rev.

kokemachine83
03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
The Rev, I had a good friend up there today as well. He trolled the dam area for a 6 or 7 pounder has well as a few more. I talked to him just a little while ago and said he had landed 8 fish. Trolling Rapala's around 3 mph. Yes, This year is a Rapala year. Firetiger is a great choice on a clear day. Black/Gold on cloudy days. Good luck to all!!!

SSTiddy
03-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey Rev, I'm really glad you got out there and had a good day! I have lost many family members to "Big C", and had a few lick it. It's always great to hear that someone has crushed the slayer of mortal man. While I have no idea the level of fortitude and belief that it takes to accomplish this. I do understand the heart ache that it brings when we lose a good soul. So though I am not much of a religious man, know that my best thoughts, and best wishes are with you. And that I wish you and your's a long and fruitful life! Until we meet "tight lines"
* * *Steve * aka * SSTiddy