PDA

View Full Version : Finally Fished Bass Lake

Trolling Scotsman
03-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Gang,

Sorry I havenít posted in a while but I havenít done much fishing since the first of the year. It seems like it has rained on my days off for the last 3 months. Anyway, I went back up to Bass Lake for the second time in as many weeks and came home with another limit. I launched at 7:00 am and had my first fish on at 7:15. Unfortunately it shook the hook... I top lined broken back, minnow, Rapalas on both rods and the fish hit them like crazy. I had my limit before 11:00 am. *Anyway, Bass Lake has been great fishing; I am glad I finally gave it a try. I plan on hitting it more this year, at least until the skiers move in.

I had the opportunity to meet APPLEINORANGE last week, unfortunately it was at the funeral for a coworkers wife. Maybe next time we meet it will be on a lake, fishing... I love playing my bagpipes; I just wish it didnít involve so many funerals.

Ironhead
03-02-2008, 03:40 AM
Jim,

Glad to hear you are back out on the water again. Been a while for sure. Scott and I were just talking about not hearing from the "Scotsman" Nice job up at Bass Lake. Perfect time of the year to invade those waters. Top quality action at the Flat right now also.

Ironhead

ryanerb
03-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Great report. Thanks for the info, I sometimes travel up that way, so I may be stopping by!

fishon_chris
03-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Jim nice to hear from you again.Great report to.Likr Ironhead said Pine Flat is a great choice right now too.
Great to hear from you.

Chris

dano
03-02-2008, 03:55 PM
way to go Scotsman. I am likewise a Scot. Clan Donald.

DinoBlaster
03-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Where is Bass lake?

JoeTech
03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
He's back, nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the report....hows the size up at bass lake?

Joe

northriver_tom
03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
so were there any kokes or were they all bows....

kgphotos@pacbell.n
03-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Bass Lake is just off of highway 41 before Yosemite National Park.