PDA

View Full Version : Pardee, 3/2 with pics

steveo79
03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Met Stonesfan at 6:15, and headed upriver to the Rock Wall, thru the outhouse cove, and on up to the second outhouse. We picked up 7, including a few Kokes. Stonesfan had the big fish of the day, again. Saw at least one other sniffer, Reel Lost, out there, but didn't recognise Fish Bully when he motored by. Beautiful day, some wind, but it was out on the main body, and we stayed out of it.
Pumkinseed 3" grub was hot, got mine on a gold kastmaster, toplined naked, and a pink Uncle Larrys spinner, watermelon wild thing, on the DR 15 feet. Thanks for the trip Stonesfan!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%20Lake%202008/StonesfansHog.jpg
Nice fish Stone...

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%20Lake%202008/coldone.jpg
Hoisting a cold one

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%20Lake%202008/resizetest.jpg
Fish On!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%20Lake%202008/sunrise2.jpg

Great day to be on the water.

chris_fish
03-02-2008, 09:52 PM
nice ;D

Captain Compassion
03-02-2008, 10:15 PM
*Met Stonesfan at 6:15, and headed upriver to the Rock Wall, thru the outhouse cove, and on up to the second outhouse. *We picked up 7, including a few Kokes. *

Real nice. Good pics. Kastmaster eh?. What a lovely day.

CC

steveo79
03-02-2008, 10:19 PM
from Ugly Stik
nice

Thanks, it was a great day to be out!

steveo79
03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
From Captain Compassion:
Real nice. Good pics. Kastmaster eh?. What a lovely day.

Thanks, I started using that program yakmotor mentioned, Fast Stone image viewer. works really nice, and its free. something was happening between Photobucket, and this website, and the pictures would not get small enough
!/4oz, gold perch pattern. Both fish hit it HARD! The other fish got off, after a nice aerobatic jump.

dave_in_el_dorado
03-02-2008, 10:34 PM
steveo, really nice pics, enjoyed that report. pardee can be tough, but the rewards are worth it, there's nice fish in that lake.

i use photobucket, and the landscape shots always get cropped on the right side going into this forum - even when compressed to fit here.

SSTiddy
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Hey Stevo, nice report man *[smiley=thumbsup.gif], good pics ta'boot. I'm still a newby to Pardee but I really do love that lake *[smiley=heart.gif]. Glad to see that you and Stone's fan *[smiley=rollingstones.gif] had a good day out there. It'll be a while before I can afford to rent a boat again [smiley=sad.gif]. But when I do, I hope to see you two out there. Until then "keep'em wet and keep'em tight". Good luck and "Tight Lines"
* * * *Steve * aka * *SSTiddy

steveo79
03-03-2008, 06:33 AM
i use photobucket, and the landscape shots always get cropped on the right side going into this forum - even when compressed to fit here.
Dave in El Dorado Yak Motor mentioned a product, Faststone Image viewer, that he uses to resize his photos. I downloaded it, and love it. I can resize to a width of 475 pixels, and the photos fit nice. I resize them and then upload to Photobucket. The program is freeware, check it out!!

Trout Tracker
03-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Beautiful pictures and a nice fish.Glad to see that fish are being caught plus i do know that thier are some big fish in Pardee.
I like fishing Pardee,Close to home ,always catch fish most of the trips,Plus i try different tactics that i read about from other posters.
I just need to get a blue mug so i can salute the fish.
Bob

steveo79
03-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Steve, aka SSTiddy
It'll be a while before I can afford to rent a boat again

Thanks. You are hardcore, having to rent a ride just to get your fishing fix. Check out the hitchhiker board on the sniffer site, might save you some cash.
This was my second trip to Pardee, we found that huge school that Fish Bully mentioned in that little cove. As we rounded that point, I had a fish hit my toplined Kastmaster, go airborne, and shake the hook. Two bass boats acrooss the way saw it, and swooped in and messed up our lane. We more then a few guys cross our lines, and just stare as they did it. Nice.

Berryessa Kid
03-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Nice job SteveO and good looking fish ;)

steveo79
03-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Trout Tracker said
I just need to get a blue mug so i can salute the fish.
Bob

:) that is a special mug! SALUTE! :)

moace132
03-03-2008, 06:51 AM
that is a nice mug i could use one of them!!! nice pictures steveo you going out today? i wish work work work!! :'( :'( :'(

steveo79
03-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Nice job SteveO and good looking fish

Thanks BK, I didn't take a picture of mine, but I managed a mixed limit of Kokes, and Bow's. One of the bows was about 12" but he hit the lure so hard, it ripped him up pretty bad. fish were all hitting hard. We had a litle trouble at first, getting them to stick, so we speed up the trolling speed. that did it! ;)

None of mine matched the size of Stonesfan, biggest was 16" but chunky.

steveo79
03-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Moace132 said
you going out today? i wish work work work!!

Nah. Gotta work for a little while. I need gas money ;)

Fish_Bully
03-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Yep, I recognize you two. I wish I would have known. I went right past you guys.

Excellent report,

Flip

BassJack
03-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I was also out there on Sunday afternoon - we ended up with three rainbows on nightcrawlers toplined behind dodgers.

At about 5:00 pm up in the river arm we were about to leave when we saw hundreds of small trout or salmon jumping in large schools. At first I thought bass had them chased into bait balls but I never saw any big swirls or bass come out of the water at any time. The fish were about 6” to 10” long and looked like Kokanee or small rainbows. Does anybody know what these fish are? If they are indeed Kokanee we are in for a good year for small Kokanee. We tried to throw lures at them but nothing was feeding. I also threw a big Kokanee swim bait to see if any bass would take it but didn’t get anything to hit.

RonM
03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I saw the same thing two years ago and they were small Kokes....