PDA

View Full Version : Englebright Lake!

bassrook
02-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Wanting to go to Englebright tommorrow! Anybody been out there and had any luck. Any advice would be great!

Thx, Bassrook

bassrook
03-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Wow! I have to respond to my own topic. Well I guess nobody fishes englebright lake very often. Went out sat and caught 5 bows and 2 browns. I fished back by the rivers in shallows. I got some new baits from the Taco Shell in Penn Valley on the way to the lake. The manager there fishes a lot and recommended a couple good lures. Anyways good fishing for the weekend be back out next week on folsom for some kings!

T.T.T._Guy
03-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Not being rude, I'm a fair weather fisherman. But since you caught 5 bows and 2 browns I guess the weather is looking pretty good. It's time to take the canvas cover off my boat give the battery a quick charge and head out.

Bilge_Rat
03-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Bassrook - I fished Englebright yesterday. 4 rainbows to 14". Kept 2 and C&R 2. It was pretty windy, not to much debris in the water. I talked to 2 old timers in a Pontoon boat, they were well on their way to filling out their limits. They were toplining 100 - 150' feet back. Using worms and powerbait. I used DR's all fish caught at 20'. I trolled for 2 hours with nothing. I increased my setback to 100' and mixed up Fish with Gary Power dodger Chartruse, with Shasta tackle Kokanut in Green. All tipped with Snake oil cured corn. I was hoping for Kokanee action but none on this trip. What was interesting was the fins on the Bow's had been chewed up, probably by Brown's. Lots of fishing boats yesterday and all had fish. Water temp ranged from 47 to 45. Best action was up where the river comes in, past the No Ski bouys.
Bilge Rat 8-)

Berryessa Kid
03-03-2008, 09:24 AM
You might want to p.m. DuraMaxDan, He seams to do pretty well at that lake 8-)

Captain_Morgan
03-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I do pretty good at that lake too. I haven't been since this time last year,but been kicking it around. This is the best time to go,before it gets busy. Its not unusual for 2 people to catch 20 rainbows in one trip this time of year. We do good top-lineing Dodger night crawler or Seps curly tailed grubs behind a dodger. I've never landed a kokanee there, Bilge Rat have you??? I know this topic was around last year,someone was catching them all season, where the water comes into the lake. I'm not sure if I still believe that,he had some iffy pictures though. I'm not trying to start a long & repetitive topic,just want to know if you've caught any kokes at Englebrite.

Berryessa Kid
03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Never caught one there either, and never heard of them being in there? Was somebody saying they made it in from Bullards Bar? Captain 20 fish days is doing real good 8-) Anybody catch a koke in Englebright?

Draggin_Ballz
03-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Bilge Rat- Fins are torn up because these were fresh planters from DFG this week, not Browns Chewing on them!

Draggin Ballz

FISHSTALKER
03-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Chris - I caught a koke once top water trolling when coming back in. Happened in front of the Dam. I was surprised and it was a very small one.

DraginBalls
03-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Hay there is only one draginballs.

Bilge_Rat
03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Capt_M - I was in on part of the Kok debate at Englebright last year. I have caught (what I thought were ) Kok's out of there and still think they are. But I'm not a species expert, and one post (from a more knowledgable source) suggested it might have been a King? Ok, it was a salmonoid. In Jan of 2007 I netted a 13" by the boats at the marina. It sure looked like a Cookie Cutter version of the ones I've gotten at Bullards. Tasted like one too. I have never limited on (possible) Kok's there. I was fishing for them on Sunday. No takers... :-/
B Rat 8-)

Captain_Morgan
03-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Chris - I caught a koke once top water trolling when coming back in. Happened in front of the Dam. I was surprised and it was a very small one.

Thats a good sign.How long ago was that Dale? I can't imagine them getting very big in that tunnel of a lake.

Captain_Morgan
03-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Hay there is only one draginballs.

Hahahaha!!! Looks like your both dagg'in balls! ;D ;D Don't feel bad, I have met the other Capt Morgan, super nice guy.