PDA

View Full Version : Party at Pardee 3/2 TR

Fish_Bully
03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Whew baby the trout catching was hot today. I was a bit late getting going this morning and I didn't get the plates on the big truck that ran me over and had me feeling so lethargic. I launched at 7:15 and went to the rock wall and started to fish. Got the topline rig out first and then started putting the DR rig out when BAM went the topline. Got the DR rig set, then as I'm getting the topline back out BAM when the DR. That's pretty much how is was today. Off the lake at 10:00 which works out to be $6.16 per hour I paid for fishing this million-dollar lake today.

The largest fish I caught was right exactly at 23.5". Water temp varied as much as a degree from place to place but the mean was 51.5 F. The hot lure today was a rainbow pattern 1.5" Apex. Pro-Cure threadfin shad. I marked tons of fish and they were schooled. The largest concentration of fish were between the rock wall and port-a-potty cove. There was one guy in a grayish colored Crestliner working the exact area I mentioned above, I guess he noticed the big school as well. We passed each other several times and he had to limit too. I left the hot area for awhile and ventured further up river to see what I could see, otherwise I'm confident I would have limited sooner.

A gorgeous day to be out!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/PAkers/IMG_1582.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/PAkers/IMG_1583.jpg

Tight lines,

Flip

foresthill_fishin
03-02-2008, 01:08 PM
:)nice good times

keep on trollin

Joel

Trout Tracker
03-02-2008, 02:45 PM
By the look of the picture thier doesen't seem to be any wind blowing like it was yesterday.It was nasty
Great looking fish.
And i guess that the rock wall was the place to be today.Yesterday i made several passes with nothing.Just goes to show ya that the fishing changes from day to day.
Bob

Fish_Bully
03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
TT - There wasn't any fish at the rock wall today either. The 'hot spot' was just a little up river from the wall. My plan was only to troll from the rock wall a little ways then pull back in and head further up river. But when I seen the massive amount of fish....

I'm just glad I wasn't out yesterday in my little boat.

Flip

kokemachine83
03-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Flip, Looks like you had a awesome day today!! That rock wall area is always a good spot. Glad you got into some fish. It was really windy here!! I'm Going to take next weekend off. So Please save some fish for me!! Keep in touch and Congrats on a great day.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Captain Compassion
03-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Whew baby the trout catching was hot today. I was a bit late getting going this morning and I didn't get the plates on the big truck that ran me over and had me feeling so lethargic.

Sweet Flip. I got hit by a lady last night her name was Margarita.[smiley=margarita.gif] Looks like you had a wondrful day.

CC

steveo79
03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Nice Job! We must have been just ahead of you, we picked up a couple there, but continued up river when a couple of bass boats picked up the fish, and blocked our lanes, so we headed up river.

Trout Tracker
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Flip.
I was in a 14ft valco yesterday and had a heck of a time trying to troll in a straight line.I did find a cove that is to your right going up river before the first relief room and got into some fish.
But i didn't realize how bad the wind was till i hit the main lake .
I would have loved to of been thier today.I usually fish on Sa turday and rest on Sunday to get ready for the work week.
Bob