PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Reservoir

dartford
02-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Fished San Pablo today at 8:20 in the morning till 1:30. Fished on the pier and caught two trout, both about a pound. Used powerbait and a short leader.
Water still very muddy, saw one guy leave with limits four other people with two or three fish. Someone told me of a sixteen pound trout caught recently. Once the water clears it should be easy limits.

Bass_Sergeant
03-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Nice to hear someone is catching them. My buddy was out there not too long ago and got nothing but nibbles. My friends and I are planning a trip there again when the water clears up. How far out were you casting? Are you talking about the pier by the main rec area? 8-)

/me

chris_fish
03-01-2008, 06:34 PM
you did better than i did at san pablo today i was bass and trout fishing i got some bites for bass on mission fish swimbaits and a couple bites for trout on worms.I cant wait for the water to clear up.

dartford
03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
About 15 to 20 yards off the pier near the main rec bass sargent.

untalan1
03-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I haven't heard of very many reports from fellow sniffers fishing San Pablo .I guess with the days and hours plus the inspection for the mussels it just isn't worth the hassle.

Bass_Sergeant
03-02-2008, 01:23 PM
About 15 to 20 yards off the pier near the main rec bass sargent.

Thanks! My buddy was also casting out about that far from near there. I have heard that closer to the boat dock is supposed to be good. 8-)

/me