PDA

View Full Version : Dell valle 2/29

The Reel Deal
02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
hit del valle at 7 am this morning, trolled the entire lake, no action, we did see one other boat land a nice one, around 6-7 lbs. but that was all we saw. wind kicked up in the afternoon.

used rapalas and anything else we could throw at them. water was real muddy still. Down by the damn was a little better but not much.

I plan on hitting it again on sunday.

fishmaster
02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
JSCHICK, Keep trolling those rapalas 2-3 mph. I will be out there sat and sun. Dont know what your boat looks like,pm me a pic of your boat so I know who to look for. Will also have my radio on channel 69. See you out there. FISH_ON!!!!!

firetrout
02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
I was out there today. Started at 7:30 and stayed in the southside for an hour. Nada

The water level is the highest I have ever seen at that lake.

Went down to Swallow for a while Nada. Down to the dam and saw one boat had 3 small ones and one about 2 lbs. We could not get a hit. Worked Heron bays shoreline and at 11:00 our first strike lost at the boat nice fish. Had hot action from 11-12:15. We boated 3 fish lost at boat side 5, I think that was my altime worst. Keep a 15 & 17 incher great looking and fighting fish. All were hitting the firetiger Rapalas. 70-100 feet back. Went dead after that fished til 2pm.

Water very muddy in south, I think because the filled the lake to max. Water at dam alot better. Wind came up around 1:30.

One guy showed us his limit as he was heading back to docks. One was about 8 lbs and one was a small the rest nice sizes. He was on the other side of Heron Bay. It seems there are no shallow areas like a week ago. :-? All in all a good day for us. But relatively slow for others.
Only about 10 boats all day.

The Reel Deal
02-29-2008, 08:16 PM
yea, a agree, the water level was very high. i saw the guy with the limit also, chatted with him at the dock. he was using a crawdad jointed deep diver plug. he caught all his fish at 10-15 feet down. we marked a ton of fish but they were all near the bottom, only saw a few above 30 feet on the fish finder all day

zhands
03-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Posted this on the previous thread

I'm going to Livermore on business the 4th-6th Tues-Thurs. Tues I can fish all day. Won't be taking my boat but will take my rods tackle etc.. I would appreciate any suggestions for location, bait, lures off the shore. I am guessing that Del Valle would be the best bet?

Thanks Sniffers

brncr6
03-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I saw two pepole catching trout off the bank with powerbait.

The Reel Deal
03-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Seems like the favorite spot for most everyone is along the bank after the ramp.

If you are standing on the boat launch ramp, walk on the trail to the right. you stay on it for about 5-10 min. you will see a restroom. anywhere on the bank by that restroom seems to be the best bet from shore.

ken_fishnfool
03-01-2008, 01:38 PM
What jschick said, plus; Rainbow or Orange powerbait on short leaders (6-10 inches). Don't be afraid to fish closer to shore, also, as some of those biger ones are cruising along in surprisingly shallow water. ;)

B-RAN
03-01-2008, 01:54 PM
JSCHICK, Keep trolling those rapalas 2-3 mph. I will be out there sat and sun. Dont know what your boat looks like,pm me a pic of your boat so I know who to look for. Will also have my radio on channel 69. See you out there. FISH_ON!!!!!

i expect to see those 13 pounders ;D ;D ;D

ryanerb
03-01-2008, 02:20 PM
What jschick said, plus; Rainbow or Orange powerbait on short leaders (6-10 inches). Don't be afraid to fish closer to shore, also, as some of those biger ones are cruising along in surprisingly shallow water. ;)

I was fishing for trout in the sierra's, crowley to be specific, and I was catching 20-22" really nice fish in 6-9 feet of water. The fish will not always be shallow, Im just pointing out that at certain times of the year, they can be.

zhands
03-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Posted this on the previous thread

I'm going to Livermore on business the 4th-6th Tues-Thurs. Tues I can fish all day. Won't be taking my boat but will take my rods tackle etc.. I would appreciate any suggestions for location, bait, lures off the shore. I am guessing that Del Valle would be the best bet?

Thanks Sniffers

So what areas of Del Valle shoreline should I concentrate. I've read by the dam??

I got the Rainbow or Orange powerbait on short leaders.

Thanks

ken_fishnfool
03-01-2008, 03:37 PM
zhands, It's a LONG walk to the dam!
I would suggest walking the trail that starts at the boatramp about a half-mile, to the area in front of the restrooms and picnic tables.
There are some fish by the bench nearest the water, and around the picnic table area.
Good luck!