PDA

View Full Version : pardee tomorow morning need NC trolling tips asap

striperkid
02-29-2008, 10:45 PM
okay so with all your knowledge and if anyone is out there by the time i check it again in the morning i need to know the best tips on trolling with leadcore and using a nightcrawler....

i know i need to thread it etc but im unsure of everything after that...

i wanna know can i or should i use a dodger? i have a few different luhrjensen in blue watermelon and pink anyways would this be smart to do? and how long should the leader be

or...is threading a NC on a wedding ring better??

orrrr.... is just pulling a naked crawler and thats it even the better thing to do??

any tips and help would be great seraching for it im coming up a lil short so if u guys could help with your wisdom much thanks ahead of time

skipper
02-29-2008, 11:22 PM
[quote author=striperkid link=1204353937/0#0 date=1204353936]okay so with all your knowledge and if anyone is out there by the timcheck it again in the morning i need to know the best tips on trolling with leadcore and using a nightcrawler....

i know i need to thread it etc but im unsure of everything after that...

i wanna know can i or should i use a dodger? i have a few different luhrjensen in blue watermelon and pink anyways would this be smart to do? and how long should the leader be

or...is threading a NC on a wedding ring better??

orrrr.... is just pulling a naked crawler and thats it even the better thing to do??

A crawler behind a dodger usually works pretty good at Pardee. make the leader about 2x the length of the dodger. The action of the dodger will give action to the crawler. *A crawler behind a wedding ring should work also. Troll about 1 to 2mph. Good luck and let us know how you do.

steveo79
03-01-2008, 07:12 AM
I was out there the 2nd weekend it opened. I trolled the heck out of my crawler tipped, wedding ring. Ran it behind a sidekick, got one early, then nothing. Pumkinseed grub, naked, down about 7 feet on a DR, and a cripplure, toplined put the fish in the boat.

Might want to run two rods, different setups, find what works. maked sure that the combos you run, all work best at the same speed.

stonesfan
03-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Hey striperkid, all you need is a good attitude, a strong will, of course

a little luck never hurt, and you'll do just fine. As far as all that other

stuff, Luhr Jensen dodgers in blue and pink, wedding rings, just leave

that sort of stuff at the front gate and I'll be glad to take them off

your hands, they don't work anyway...............................J/K

We'll be out there Sunday in a Blue LUND with STARS, give us a holler

and we'll be happy to help in any way we can Steveo79/stonesfan

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

highlands
03-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I have taken in many limits with a night crawler behind a watermelon dodger. I typically put the crawler 12-18 inches behind the dodger. As noted, trolling at 1-2 mph seems to work best.

striperkid
03-01-2008, 03:03 PM
well the strangest day i trolled my watermelon dodger and naked nightcrawler about 18 inches behind first thing this morning right at the river mouth and strung a limit of kokanee none of any great size all around 12 inches but there was a huge school around 7 oclock just stuck around and figured hey kokes are better tasting then trout....

never have and never heard of a hot koke bite on nightcrawlers but today was that day my uncle was using kwikfish and a wedding ring and took him a lil while longer to get his limit i had mine in an hour and a half took him till about 10 oclock.... THANK you to all who replied i learned a lil something and next time i will try something different i usualy run kwikfish and bikinis at pardee and all the talk of using nightcrawlers got me wanting to do something i havent done and it paid off in a different way....

ps next time im gonna try the pumpkin seed grub setup and see how that does