PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot 2-28-08

CountryBoy
02-28-2008, 11:08 PM
I arrived at the lake at 10 am in bass cove. Set up with an inflated crawler and/power egg combo, and on the other pole i was trying my luck with lures again. Nothing for the first 2 and a half hours till I finally got a bite on the crawler. Set the hook and got the fish within 5 feet of shore to reveal that it was a little planter no bigger than a pound, so I was actually relieved when he shook the hook as I was trying to get him on shore. Unfortunately that was it for the day. Nothing on a Cripplure, a kastmaster, or a rapala. Tried everyhting. The fishing is painfully slow right now. I dont understand whats goin on. I talked to a few boaters as they passed by and only heard of one other fish being caught all day. The only upside to the day was again, the picture perfect weather. Warm with very little wind, what a day to be out...Hopefully better luck next time 8-)
Jared

SlamminAmador
02-28-2008, 11:36 PM
WHERE is lake chabot?

cptdarel
02-29-2008, 12:43 AM
in the hills between Castro Valley and San Leandro.

troutfan
02-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the report on Chabot Countryboy. It's been slow all over. It's bound to pick up soon.

CountryBoy
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the report on Chabot Countryboy. *It's been slow all over. *It's bound to pick up soon.

Man I hope so!

CountryBoy
02-29-2008, 09:55 AM
WHERE is lake chabot?

Like cptdarel said its in the Castro Valley hills and you can get there from San leandro too. Though I know the area like the back of my hand Im terrible at giving directions lol so you should go to norcalfishing.com and they will have directions and a map and info about the lake. Hope this helps
Jared

h2odog
02-29-2008, 01:02 PM
CountryBoy

Did you hike up from Chabot Park in San Leandro?

I swear by a silver/black Rattle trap in bass cove. I've gotten both Bass and Trout on that silly thing. Give it a try.

It's gonna' break wide open one of these days !!

CountryBoy
02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
CountryBoy

Did you hike up from Chabot Park in San Leandro?

I swear by a silver/black Rattle trap in bass cove. *I've gotten both Bass and Trout on that silly thing. * Give it a try.

It's gonna' break wide open one of these days !!

Yup Chabot park. Its a hell of a hike but its worth it. Rattletrap? I never thought to use that thanks for the tip ;)