PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 2.28.08 15 by noon

Dennis
02-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Fished Camanche with my next door neighbor. *Put him on about 15 fish by noon. *Nothing of any size but just a nice morning out on the water. *
Worked the bouy line and then toured the East end of the lake. *Back at the house around 1:00. *Pearl Grub with a chartreuse egg was the best lure and the second best was a Pumpkin seed (brown) with a chartreuse or orange egg. *150' setbacks and right on top running about .7 to 1.1 mph.

Sorry no pics.

fishnmike2002
02-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Way to go Dennis.The grub bite is picking up in number of fish up there. WE got a lot more bites last weekedn then we have been getting but we farmed too many.

FishnMike

dave_in_el_dorado
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM
isnt that somethin...i dont think conditions have varied much from tuesday to today.

i toplined a pearl grub, slow trolled, but maybe not slow enough....and around 120 feet back......do you think the extra 30 makes that much difference? *do you find that the egg messes w/ the grub action any? *we caught two on naked green grubs...no eggs.

congrats....great report,

g-string
02-28-2008, 05:02 PM
nice, I hope to get out soon, good fishing .... with all this good weather the jet skiers should be hitting the water soon.....

freon
02-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Way to go buddy, sounds like a great day out there :D
congrats on the good trip. ;)

SSTiddy
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Way to go Dennis *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Boy as hot as it's been out there I might have to change my plans and hit Comanche this weekend. Those are some great numbers. Besides I'm itching to try out this grub pattern that everyone talks about. I've been trollin' for years and used all kinds of things, but I've never trolled with a grub. Got to check that out.
Do you ever use flashers/dodger with a grub or just naked?
Thanks for the post. * "Tight Lines" * Steve

Dennis
02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
isnt that somethin...i dont think conditions have varied much from tuesday to today.

i toplined a pearl grub, slow trolled, but maybe not slow enough....and around 120 feet back......do you think the extra 30 makes that much difference? *do you find that the egg messes w/ the grub action any? *we caught two on naked green grubs...no eggs.

congrats....great report,
Yes, the extra 30' will make a difference. *No I don't find a problem with the egg. *I'm using long shank #2 *fine wire worm hooks. *Put the egg on the front part of the hook. *The shank is long enough for both the egg and the grub. *I'm also using 2" grubs. *We did see some boats having luck at higher trolling speeds but not as much luck as we were having. *

Do you ever use flashers/dodger with a grub or just naked? No flashers. A small dodger maybe a 'side kick' or a 'wild thing' if you feel you want to drop down in the water column. We were taking fish off the surface as late as 11:30, so I don't think that's needed. I did use a downrigger 6 to 15' mostly to test the need to drop down a bit with the bright sun and warmer temps, but we got more hits on the toplines.

Hope that helps...

SSTiddy
02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
*[/quote]No flashers........we got more hits on the toplines. *

Hope that helps... *
[/quote]

Thanks Dennis, all tips help!!!!

B-RAN
02-28-2008, 08:48 PM
very nice ! ive been wondering what to use there

fish_feeder32
02-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Good job dennis sounds like you had alot of fun out there. I cant wait to get over to camanche. I might try next week.

Garden_Valley_Fish
02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Way to go buddy and show your neighbor a good time

dave_in_el_dorado
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
dennis, thank you. *
i think a light breeze and slightly chopped water helped us at the shorter distances, but during low or no wind and glassy conditions i can really understand even going further...150-200 feet back...plus we were using the main motor w/ trolling plate as opposed to the electric.

will definitely modify the approach and thanks again for the help..i really appreciate this forum and all of you who make it up...