PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 2-20-08

fish_feeder32
02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I decided to take the kids fishing today their first trip ever. my little girl is 3 and my boy 2. We got to the lake at 11:00 am and started bank fishing by the moat for nothing not even a bite. :( So at 2:00 pm we moved over to the cove on the right side of the boat ramp and the fight was on. :) :) They caught a limit on power bait the rainbow color and we left. Everyone got a kick out of watching the kids catch the fish. And I was very proud of them. 8-) 8-) I guess those little spin cast poles that I got them last summer finnaly paid off. ;)

FISH_FEEDER32 8-)

Mickey_Thomas
02-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a great time, there's nothing like kids catching fish :D I'm sure you took some pic's, why not share them with us? ;)

fishinator
02-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Man that is great!! great to get the kids started early- tons of memories to come.

Fishinator

jdecker
02-20-2008, 07:24 PM
It just takes one day like today for them to be hooked for life. Mine are 11 and 13 now and they still can't wait to go fishing. I'm glad you all had a good day!

Trout Tracker
02-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Nothing better than the smiles on a youngsters face catching fish.
Glad to hear they had a good time and left with a limit.
Bob

LordRooster
02-20-2008, 08:44 PM
enjoy it while you can. I take my little ones fishing with me all the time. My girls all have outgrown it except my 3yr old. My son who's 6 is of course still a die hard, has been since he was 2 when I started taking him.

It's the best to watch how excited they get pulling those fish in.

FishFiend916
02-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I was there too! I was in that cove, I left at about 4pm....I was on the flat side, I had on a grey and black hoodie and sunglasses...maybe u saw me??...I think I saw you, were you with your wife/girl also??

We caught fish all day long, my boy was using powereggs injected w/ pro-cure krill oil, and I was using an olive wooly bugger, I got 20, my buddy got 10...Glad to hear the little ones caught fish... my girls 7 months pregnant with my first, a little girl, I cant wait til she gets old enough to fish!

fishguts
02-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Fish for the kid and they say thanks, take them and teach them and you have a partner for life. My 13 year old is always asking when the next trip is.

mastersenko
02-21-2008, 08:08 AM
These are memories that we will all cherish the rest of our lives. I took my kids to pardee 2 weekends ago and my daughter caught a 10 lber and she still talks about it. I have taken children fishing for most of my life, most of those kids are now in their 20's and 30's When we get together they always bring up those fishing memories.

Mr_Ed
02-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Great to hear that the 1st time out , the kids got to catch a fish.

Allways nice to start on a good note. ;)

One of our first trips out, my sister did not know how to work the reel,
so she just turned and ran up the bank, dragging the poor fish 8 feet
up the dirt !! ;D ;D

By the way, don't put those litle cheapo rods down......they will land big fish and hold up pretty well.

Maybe pictures on the next trip.

M2
02-21-2008, 08:33 AM
That's great. My boy is anxious [smiley=excited.gif] to get his first fish. I'm hoping it will be this weekend, and perhaps at Pardee. ;)

fish_feeder32
02-21-2008, 09:25 AM
fishfiend916 yes that was me with my wife and kids I was wearing blue sweat pants and shirt. Thank all you sniffers for all the nice replies. I will be taking my kids with me more often Plus they caught more fish then I did ;D I think I will call them the lucky charms. ;D Next week I think I will take them to camache to the trout pond It is a little more kid safe over there.

fishguts
02-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Perhaps all you Dads and Moms should get a sniffer fishing "kid fest" going.

hookumhi
02-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Awesome report , I"d love to see pics also if you gott'em

fish_feeder32
02-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I have pictures of the kids with their limit of fish. I have them on my cell phone but I do not know how to down load them on the net.

fishguts
02-21-2008, 02:23 PM
I have pictures of the kids with their limit of fish. I have them on my cell phone but I do not know how to down load them on the net.

You should be able to send them to your computer and then you can post the pics.

TroutWagon
02-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Way to go ! get those kids out early to learn and live the great outdoors!
Glad to see limits for the kids, catching fish on your first outing is huge, makes them hungry for the next trip. My daughter is 9 and she fishes kokanee derbies with me, shes my partner in about 4-5 tournements a year. She loves when we win, but can be a little distracted when the bite is slow(can't expect more from a 9 year old, i was too when I was her age). Bottom line it's great family time to spend with our kids and not be so caught up in work, life and our problems. good job ff32 on taking your kids to the lake.

Take care

Troutwagon

camotracker
02-21-2008, 02:35 PM
thanks for the report bud. but sure would like to see some pictures though

hunkfisher
02-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Great job on putting the kids on some fish, i can still remeber the location, day and gear i used to land my first trout up at fuller lake, great job out there!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

gotta_go_now
02-21-2008, 04:14 PM
FF 32 ...have they figured out that they out fished you? ;) My 9 year old boy still gets on me about a trip on Amador last season. ;D ;D Now all he wants to do is get out there. ;)

Congrats on a great day, keep em up!

B-RAN
02-21-2008, 04:27 PM
man nice to hear that the kids are getting some action tyoo ! ;D ;) nice job out there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

SSTiddy
02-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Boy, I thought that I got started young *;D . Good for you for showing them what reel fun is [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. I'm glad to see that they got to catch some there first time out. Chances are, fishing will always be something special for them. I don't have kids so it's always cool to see other people sharing the things that I love, like I would have.
That JR Fish Sniffer fest sounds like a pretty cool idea.

* * *"Tight lines eveyone" and keep turning on the next generation to reel fun, or there will be none for the generations to come :(.

mark33
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I was there with my son on Saturday when they planted and some people including us caught what looked like lake or brook trout or a cross breed of some sort. Where any of these trout caught? The fish is greenish brown with light yellow spots and some red spots. They have big mouths and nice tails.

I'll post a report and pics next time we go out.

steveo79
02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
The fish is greenish brown with light yellow spots and some red spots.

Sounds like a brown.

fishmaster
02-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Way to let the kids fight the fish. Got em' hooked! ;)

steveo79
02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
I have the memory, of the first fish my oldest boy caught, when he was 2 or 3. It was his first exposure to fishing, and he was really excited about it, but he didn't really grasp what THAT meant.
He had a bit, hooked the fish, and started reeling it in. When he got the fish to with 5 or 6 feet of the bank, it started to thrash and jump, in plain site. He stopped reeling, and stared, open mouthed, at the fish. He was surprised, to say the least. He tossed the pole down, and backed away from the rod, and stayed there, while I brought the fish in.
He got over that, after checking out the fish close up, and firmly in my grip. I'm happy to say, that he has successfully landed every fish he's hooked, since. :)

fish_feeder32
02-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey camotracker and fishguts I have pictures on my motorola cell phone I tried to down load them last night. But my system keeps telling me I need to install the hardware for the phone. The phone did not come with any hardware and I can not find any down loads for it on the net. If there is any sniffers out there that can down load pictures from there phone. pm me your cell number and I will send you them to you and then maybe you can down load them.

mark33
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Sounds like a brown.

It really did not look like a brown. It's skin was marbled.

The_Big_Sinus
02-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Quote:

Sounds like a brown.

Light spots on a dark background means it's a char- browns have black spots.

By bet is that it's a brookie, or, there is the remote possibility of tiger trout (brookie x brown- rare in the West, and expensive, approximately 1/3 of the hybrid hatch is DOA).

gotta_go_now
02-22-2008, 08:12 PM
I was able to give FishFeeder a hand and get these up for him....definitely makes it all worthwhile.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/640/imagemv3.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagemv3.jpg)
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1802/imagept5.th.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagept5.jpg)

fish_feeder32
02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Thank you very much gotta_go_now ;). Next time I will remember to bring my digital with me I have the hardware on my computer to down load pictures from it.

fish_feeder32
02-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Well I let the kids see there picture before we put them in bed and they started asking me, go fishy dady we go fishy. So I am gonna try to bring them out tomorow not sure but if we do go it will be camanche this time. If we make it out I will give a report when we get back.