PDA

View Full Version : beardsley '08

ratss427
02-16-2008, 06:51 PM
anybody been down the hill this year?

Slim
02-16-2008, 08:59 PM

They'll keep the road closed for the winter till April. Unless we get summer like weather and no more snow like last year.

Slim

Athlete24
02-16-2008, 09:08 PM

They'll keep the road closed for the winter till April. Unless we get summer like weather and no more snow like last year.

Slim

I was just up that way last weekend and there was a ton of snow. Also, the forcast is calling for more of the white stuff the second half of the week.

dano
02-16-2008, 09:20 PM
thats hard core thinking of beardsley in feb. gotta admit I think about it but can't imagine being there this time of year. Wonder what it would be like.

fishpeddler1
02-16-2008, 10:49 PM
lonely ;)

Chadzilla
02-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Well, if you're borderline insane, you could throw a float tube on the back of a quad or snowmobile and have the whole place to yourself (and obligatory fishing partner for safety). I imagine the lake is actually pretty nice due to that elevation change after you turn off 108... but getting there would be more risk than it's worth.

The_Big_Sinus
02-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Like the song says, "It wudn't me..."

But I know someone who actually snowshoed down in and back out- and they overnighted in a tent... It was a stretch of nice winter weather.

ratss427
02-17-2008, 12:48 PM
was just there friday.gate is open ;)

steveo79
02-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I heard the gate wasn't going to be closed, as you found out. What does the road look like?

Flycanoe
02-17-2008, 04:51 PM
was just there friday.gate is open ;)

And how did you do?

I was there this morning and had to bank fish. Couldn't get close enough to the water with my SUV to launch the canoe, not enough ground clearance. Saw 2 boats on the water from people camping below the ramp.

My son and I caught 3 nice fatties, lost a 4th at the bank. The road will close with the next storm. I will post some pics later this week after I get home. PM me if you want more details. *

ratss427
02-17-2008, 06:26 PM
the road is beautiful!i was very surprised to see it open myself.was just up to play in the snow with my kids.all i had was the pack rod i keep in my truck.i threw a gold kastmaster and landed a small brownie.water is still very low.not sure if it will be closed again after the coming storms? :-?

johnbfishin
02-17-2008, 06:49 PM
the road is beautiful!i was very surprised to see it open myself.was just up to play in the snow with my kids.all i had was the pack rod i keep in my truck.i threw a gold kastmaster and landed a small brownie.water is still very low.not sure if it will be closed again after the coming storms? :-?

Right on Mark....just goes to show, ya don't know till ya go. ;)

dano
02-17-2008, 08:07 PM
way to go ratss. earliest I've ever been down there is April. I'd watch the weather close tho. that's a good drop in elevation and storms can close that road in a hurry. I'll bet it was a great day. Aren't you glad you keep that rod and a little tackle with you.
dano

ratss427
02-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Right on Mark....just goes to show, ya don't know till ya go. ;)
you got that right johnny!

Dano,your right.it pays to keep some gear in the truck.and your licence in your wallet!we used to be able to fish all year up there if the winters were mild .and the roads could easily be maintained.its only been the last few years they closed it for the winter.i guess enough people complained about it being inaccessable so long! [smiley=bananachaga.gif]

dano
02-18-2008, 04:22 PM
I haven't lived up there since 75. We had some pretty good snow late in the season. I'd hate to get stuck down there without the proper gear. seems like they used to close the hwy just a little above strawberry somewhere for the winter. They used to snowmobile to Dardanell and Kennedy. Been going to that area since the mid 60's and can't think of a place I'd rather be.
Let us know any time you go up. I only grt thete 1-2 times a year anymore. My son and I go for a week every summer. can't wait.

steveo79
02-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Sounds like a Beardsley mini fest is in the works.... Like the one they just had at Melones, except at Beardsley, you can always limit. ;)

ratss427
02-18-2008, 07:00 PM
* *Sounds like a Beardsley mini fest is in the works.... *Like the one they just had at Melones, except at Beardsley, you can always *limit. ;)

sounds good.i am there!

dano
02-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Gotta find a way to make this one work. I've never done any of the mini fest.

Slim
02-19-2008, 07:11 PM
You guy's got me going now....... I'm going to have to call the forest dpt to see if the road is really open... If so, why am I wasting my most valuable time at NM.?? >:( hmmmm!!!

Slim

ratss427
02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
You guy's got me going now....... *I'm going to have to call the forest dpt to see if the road is really open... If so, why am I wasting my most valuable time at NM.?? *>:( hmmmm!!!

Slim

slim,no b.s. its open.now,after these storms.who knows? :P hopefully they will maintain the roads .now,you have to keep me posted. ;) :)

LJ
02-19-2008, 08:52 PM
* *Sounds like a Beardsley mini fest is in the works.... *Like the one they just had at Melones, except at Beardsley, you can always *limit. ;)

you can count me in on this one also