PDA

View Full Version : DEL VALLE "GET ER' DONE!"

fishmaster
02-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Allright, here's the scoop. Woke up late this morning exhausted from two long days of sturgeon fishing. Got in the water about 9 o'clock. dropped the lines in as soon as we got past the marina. Set the two middle rods at 75 feet and the two outside ones at 125. Trolling F5 firetiger rapalas.Just got the last pole set up and FISH-ON! And thats pretty much how it went for the next few hours. Firetrout and Clamdog joined in on the trolling pattern and it was looking promising till a couple of peolple decided to anchor right in our trolling pattern. Anyway, decided to leave the area for a little bit and try around Heron Bay for awhile. Had 4 short strikes for 2 passes. Then went to the spot we have been catching the lunkers. No go. There were bank fisherman there so we couldn't cut in close to the shore line. If the bankers only knew those trout are very close to shore. I swear some of those guys think casting is an olympic event ;D. So back to the other end of the lake I went. No sooner did we get there we had anther one, and another one........................... Total for the day, 23 fish to the boat, kept ten. Biggest fish went 5lbs. 14oz. 2nd biggest went 5lbs. 10 oz. 3rd biggest went 3lbs. 5oz. The rest of the fish we kept averaged a solid 2lbs. All the big ones were caught by, you guessed it FISHMASTER JR. Most were caught on the short lines. Here's the pic of the three big ones. *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * http://usera.imagecave.com/fishmaster/JUSTIN3TROUT13.13LBS21808.JPG

ryanerb
02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Wow, great job guys! Man, I'm really jealous. WOODY, WHAT WAS GOING ON?!?!

BTW, I'm sure you would love to know I had to work today 9 hrs while you guys were out there catching fish... you should feel verrrry lucky :)

Klamdog
02-18-2008, 08:08 PM
fishmaster,
It was good talking with you today! *What a great day for you and the family! *23 fish, that would definitely be my best day at DV! *You forgot to mention a 20" striper as well! *I worked that same area for a good two hours for nothing. *J7's were not working, I'm going to have to pick up some of those F5's. *I think you said the J7's weren't working for you either. *Oh well, nice talking to you, and thanks for the tips!

fishmaster
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah, we caught that striper and a 17" largemouth as well. Keep targeting that area. It"s just starting to pick up. Let me know the next time you are going to be out there.

B-RAN
02-18-2008, 08:16 PM
dang, fishmaster and jr. just cant get enough lunker action ! ;D ;)

02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Great going guys, that pic of jr is worth it all. And to think I worked today. :o

SneakAttack
02-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Att'a Boy! Keep it up! Very nice catch :o
SA

firetrout
02-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Great job Fishmaster. I knew you were going to come back and slam a few more. ;)

Johnny
02-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Fish On, nice report.. nice work.. ;D so his the spot in front of the fallen tree or down a bit..

Jigster
02-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Wow! You really ARE the Fishmaster. Jr.'s not too bad either! So how is it that you're always so consistent and it's slow for everyone else? Good job dude! ;)

J

titelinez
02-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Thank you for the report. I'm hoping to make up to DV in the next couple weeks. Glad your son was sticking 'em.

TL

white_cap
02-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Way to go, that big smile on the boy’s face tells it all. He looks like one happy camper. We also did good on Saturday, but not that good. Keep up the good work