PDA

View Full Version : Lewiston Lake

stonesfan
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I was reading an article on Lewiston Lake the other day and it made

me think; Why is it you never hear any reports from Lewiston?

Is it that " Vegas Thing".................... 8-)

What happens in Lewiston, Stays in Lewiston?

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

Captain Compassion
02-17-2008, 07:34 PM

me think; *Why is it you never hear any reports from Lewiston?

Lewiston Lake can be quite good. Lots of folks pass it up for Trinity Lake or the river. The powerhouse from Trinity dumps water and fish parts into the lake. When the turbines are running the fishing can be interesting. Beautiful place.

CC

maui_mark
02-18-2008, 12:27 PM
I haven't fished there in years, but it was always great fishing. It was almost surreal there to be fishing in 100+ weather, with the 40 degree water leaving me blue when I got too hot and jumped in to cool off.
I used to thread a nightcrawler on a small hook, use 4 lb. test line, and a small split shot or none at all. I would rent one of the aluminum boats at the resort there and go up to the darn and toss out the crawler and just drift downstream. Always picked up a nice 18"+ rainbow by where the powerlines cross over the river... when the current starts slowing, fire up the outboard and head upriver for another drift... I never did that well in the lake itself, just a few planter sized fish on wedding rings and sometimes I would fish with the "dreaded" blades and crawler combo. It just seemed like "rock cod fishing" to me... not much fight flowed through all the blades and cowbells or watever they were, though they did produce fish...
I should give it another try... Good luck to you. Mark

ratss427
02-18-2008, 01:26 PM

me think; *Why is it you never hear any reports from Lewiston?

Lewiston Lake can be quite good. Lots of folks pass it up for Trinity Lake or the river. The powerhouse from Trinity dumps water and fish parts into the lake. When the turbines are running the fishing can be interesting. Beautiful place.

CC

"interesting"huh? ;)i have had many "interesting"outings at lewiston over the years.including some of my biggest stringers ever.but, it is a different lake for sure.lots of shallow weedy water .an well as deep water by the dam.it can be good for 50+ fish outings .then the next week a skunkeroo.but,it imho ,is definitely worth a trip.
and,i think we don't see a lot of reports coming from there because it is very lightly fished.my 2c

justme
02-18-2008, 04:15 PM
It has been a couple of years since I was there but when I was it was fantastic. I was there four 5 day's the last time. Night crawlers under a bobber about 4 feet just killed them. I would just take the boat out in the middle of the lake and drift. Cast out the bobber and I would have my limit in about 45 minutes. Could have gotten it sooner but using a bobber you get a lot of short strikes.