PDA

View Full Version : Camanche report 2-16-08

fish_junky
02-16-2008, 04:34 PM
* * * *My friend D joined me for a day on Camanche. Had the boat in the water at 6:30 am and headed for the dam. With in a couple of minutes of putting down the lines I pick up a scrappy 15 incher. We thought this is going to be some quick action. Wrong ! I picked up a about 1 fish per hour. It was a pretty slow day with only me getting a limit. I felt kinda sorry for D not even getting a hit. Left for the doc a little after noon by landing 6 fish with the biggest 18 inches. There where no best set up. Caught two fish on orange grubs. One on a Apex another on excell then another needle fish. It was that sort of day. Trolled all morning at 2.1 and the best depth was 11 and 13 ft. The water was clear and 49* warming to 50.8*. Oh bite shut off completely for us around 10:30am.

*My limithttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/fish_junky/Camanche2-16-08002.jpg

*Nice to see you again Kokemachine and meet you Mad fish

northriver_tom
02-16-2008, 05:42 PM
those are some good looking bows...

clamkin
02-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Good looking stringer, Kevin. Your day sounds similar to mine. Took a buddy out to Pardee and he mostly watched while my poles got hit. I had to beg him to take some the late hookups just so he could reel something in.

vvbob
02-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Nice stick Kevin.
Glad you were able to get some. How is it that two guys fishing in the same boat, & I imagine with the same lures at times, & only one guy catches fish. Blows me away when this happens :-/

kokoloco
02-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Nice report Kevin. When I fished with Rod Bender at Pardee the same happened to me, Steve 7 and me 1 (just before we left). Next time D. As soon as the water warms up so will the bite. Great report.

Sam

kokemachine83
02-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey Kevin, Was nice to see you at there today. Man it was slow. But me and Mrs. Koke machine stuck it out for a while. We did end the day with some fish for the smoker!! Wish it was a little better for you and Darrell (I hope thats his name) But it took us a while to get our fish. You should of seen her bring in that hog. See worked it like a Pro!! Keep in touch and let me know if you go back up there to Camanche! We just live down the street! Got your self a nice look'in boat too!!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Mr_Ed
02-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Kevin;

You must have doing something right to get a limit in a
lake with such cold water !!

Most people wait til the water is at lest 55 degrees before chasing trout.

Way to go. ;)

I am surprised those lower elevation lakes are that cold,this time of year. Bummer............ :'(

With a little luck, you guys will be beating the little guys off the hooks
by March 15 !!

Later Ed

Fern-dog
02-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Fish Junky...

Brother-Inlaw and myself were at Cammanche yesterday trying out his new North River (20ft). Saw you out there, die hards like us in the wind!

We ended up with nine in the boat and lost several as well, plus numerous short strikes. Biggest went 8.5 lbs, others were between 2.5 to 3.5 Lbs. *All the fish seemed to be right on top. Raplas in blue silver did the trick for us. *Seem to always do good when there is a chop on that lake, and with the wind there sure was a chop yesterday!

Next week I'll give it a go in my new North River and see how it does on it's maiden trip.....tight lines * * * Fern-dog

Rod Bender
02-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Kevin, tried calling you on the phone for a live on the water report on Saturday. Your day sounds alot like mine and Troys on Friday, the olnly differnece being that Troy was doing all the catching. I did get one at the end of our trip. See you on the water soon.

dolfan
02-17-2008, 08:12 AM
I didn't do too good out there. I fished ALL day for one trout and two bass. Nice meeting you out there fish junky