PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo This weekend???

striperoholic
02-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Anyone fishing from the bank this weekend at san pablo?? i might go either saturday or sunday depending on the wind anyone else going??? or is it too early??? to fish there???

Dustriver
02-14-2008, 04:56 PM
"Discount Mart's Bay Tackle is doing a fishing derby there for the next six weeks after the opener."

HeyNiceFish
02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm sure that lake will be packed with peeps and fish will be caught for sure. Don't hesitate, just go and find out, i'm sure you will get some. The worst feeling is if you don't go and then see others post of their catch, then you gotta wait till next time.

Klamdog
02-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Striperoholic,
I plan on going Sunday. *I'll be in my boat. *I've been trying all week to get some info. on the lake level, and it's clarity! *I haven't had any luck. *If you go on Saturday, please post how you did, and if you don't mind, could you let us know what the level and clarity are looking like! *Thanks, and good luck to you!

fishon_gethenet
02-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I drove by the reservoir about a week and a half ago and the water level looked pretty good. It was much higher than it was last year. It was so friggin low last year it was unbelievable. I was too far away to get a look at the water clarity though. Good luck.

Klamdog
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
f_g,
Thanks for the info. After last year, I said I'd never go again, because it was so low. It was like fishing in a pond! That's good news. I think I'll give it a try on Sunday!

morduks
02-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Hiya, New guy with 2nd post. I am considering fishing San Pablo. Their website indicates a new 8:00 am to dark launching policy. Somehow tied to quagga mussel problem. Is that true and is it possible to have the boat inspected to permit an earlier launch? Thanks for any info.
Tom B.

Bass_Sergeant
02-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Hiya, New guy with 2nd post. *I am considering fishing San Pablo. *Their website indicates a new 8:00 am to dark launching policy. *Somehow tied to quagga mussel problem. *Is that true and is it possible to have the boat inspected to permit an earlier launch? *Thanks for any info.
Tom B.

Here is a post on the General Freshwater Discussion board, in case you haven't read it yet.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1203007351

8-)
/me

fish4hc
02-15-2008, 02:03 PM
As far as I know the resevoir levels at sp are going to be about the same as last year.The reason for the level change is the problems with the dam and surrounding grounds.There has been a plan approved to fix and strengthen the area and the project is projected to start this spring and last for 2 years.They said the current water levels will stay the same untill the dam is fixed.The level might be a little higher but not much.

I hear you klamdog,I swore I wouldnt return untill the water level went up.Last year was supose to of been a banner year for large trout but the few times I went I didnt see it.I have had much better years in the higher water level days.

I might be out sunday as well.I hope im wrong about the water,but thats not what I read.

chris_fish
02-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Im heading out at 6 in the morning i will report when i get back.

tragedyspring
02-16-2008, 07:40 AM
a couple of buddies and myself are going to my secret spot on sunday. :-X :-X :-X

Klamdog
02-16-2008, 06:47 PM
uglystik/tradgedyspring,
Please give us a report. *I have to change my plans from Sunday to Monday! *But I'm anxious to hear something! *I'm also interested to hear how many boats are lined up at 8:00. *I can't believe they changed the launch times!