PDA

View Full Version : Topaz Tuesday - Double Skunk (pics)

Captain Compassion
02-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Arrived Topaz 7:15. Fished the North shore with Green Gulp and Worms w/ Mallows until 11:15. One bite and I missed. One of the bad things about a second rod stamp is that getting skunked is twice as painful. :-[ The wind was calm and shirtsleeve warm after 10:00. Despite the warmer weather there remains lots of ice in the middle of the lake. There were 10 others fishing around and as of the time I left no one caught anything. Even the guy with the surf rod got skunked. :o Neither Mrs. C nor I won any money for the biggest fish of the week but our pictures were in the window at the store. A wonderful day.

CC

ANOTHER GLASSY DAY
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/021208-01.jpg
TAIL GATE FISHING
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/021208-02.jpg
SURF FISHING
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/021208-03.jpg
GOOD FOR MRS C.
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/021208-04.jpg
CAPTAIN IN THE WINDOW
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/021208-05.jpg

B-RAN
02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
your famous !!!!! ;D

troutfan
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Sorry about the skunk Captain but alteast you had a beautiful day. I was stuck in a cubicle all day. C'mon Friday! ;)

Jetspray
02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
We stayed over night in the campground and the skunk was with us too. Nice pic at the gas station had to get my Nevada lic for this year and fill the propane bottle. You're right about the weather though smooth as glass and picture perfect too....Jetspray

Captain Compassion
02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
your famous !!!!! ;D

For one week. Gotta catch another Big'un.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
We stayed over night in the campground and the skunk was with us too. Nice pic at the gas station had to get my Nevada lic for this year and fill the propane bottle. You're right about the weather though smooth as glass and picture perfect too....

Been nice all week. The water is still a little cold for best fishing. Still lots of ice in the middle of the lake.

CC

fish_feeder32
02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
I cant wait untill april or may thats when I do my best up there. I don't think I am going to bring my boat this year. I always do better of shore. ;)

ken_fishnfool
02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Absolutely Beautiful!
You know they say"The best day fishing..." :P

Thank You for sharing the pictures!

Captain Compassion
02-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I cant wait untill april or may thats when I do my best up there.

Can't wait for April either. That's why I'm going to go several times a week. Fish or no fish.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Absolutely Beautiful!
You know they say"The best day fishing..." :P

Exactly.

CC

Fish_Bully
02-12-2008, 06:14 PM
We call those skunk days "aweful thin soup tonight". From the looks of those gorgeous pics with the awesome reflections, it is a whole lot better than getting the skunk in the wind and rain.

Keep at em CC

Flip

fish_feeder32
02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah what sucks is I was up in Gardnerville from december till last week. But I was so tied up with helping my grandpa on the ranch feeding and breaking ice so the cattle have water. That I never got a chance to get out there. >:( And belive me I realy wanted to. My sister in law that works at sharkey's said that some one told her that a six year old boy caught a fish out of there with a $1000.00 dollar tag. If that is true I bet that kid will never forget that day. I wish I was still up there it is truly beautiful up there right now. But I am back home in valley springs now and it's not so bad because I am surronded by 4 of the best foothill lakes in this area Pardee, Camanche, Amador, and new melones. :) And I will be stoping by all of them very often. ;) untill it is time to bring the cattle up to wolf creek to graze. Than it is all about topaz, heenen, east and west carson, red, and ICR. for the rest of the summer. ;)

Captain Compassion
02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
We call those skunk days "aweful thin soup tonight". From the looks of those gorgeous pics with the awesome reflections, it is a whole lot better than getting the skunk in the wind and rain.

Some times it's so beautiful I hope the fish would just leave me alone... Well almost. ;)

CC

Mr_Ed
02-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Always loved those "Mug Shots". !! ;D ;D ;D

Nice to be the one in front of the camera .............. ;)

2 skunks!!

Hay Troutfan........sure you don't want a boat ride ??

Captain Compassion
02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
. But I am back home in valley springs now and it's not so bad because I am surronded by 4 of the best foothill lakes in this area Pardee, Camanche, Amador, and new melones. :) And I will be stoping by all of them very often. *;) untill it is time to bring the cattle up to wolf creek to graze. Than it is all about topaz, heenen, east and west carson, red, and ICR. for the rest of the summer. ;)

All these places will still be here and should have lots of water. See you in the summer.

CC

Mr_Ed
02-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Wen the 13th no rain or snow yet, but the wind is already 10mph +
with gust in Reno.

Looks like the weather man called this on right.

Lets hope his Fri & Sat is on also. ;)