PDA

View Full Version : 1/13 Sugar Pine ramp hammered pic.

foresthill_fishin
01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
:(Welp gettin a boat in Sugar pines was a no go as you can see by the pictures but it was wishful thinkin.Well went ahead and tossed some lures off the slick snowy bank with no fish,only scrubbed once lol
well ill have to find another honey hole for the winter any suggestions. :) http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/garciajcsh/boat001370x278.jpghttp://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/garciajcsh/boat002370x278.jpgWell Keep On Trollin [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

JDOGHM
01-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the pic. Has it melted off yet? Probably did huh. 4wd might be ok w/chains. I Wanna hit it this Sat 1/19 7am. Will leave Colfax 6am. I have a tow strap if you want to go 2 trucks better. Or just push my 14' aluminum in and we're good?

JDOGHM
01-16-2008, 08:36 AM
If it's still covered I'll just sled down into the lake then pull it out with a rope when I'm done. Maybe ;DBring a bag of cat litter. My normal partner has to work so I have to go solo as of right now.

foresthill_fishin
01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
;)A buddy well as of sat the 13th it was pretty torn back.The snow had started to melt then ice over so i didnt want to risk losin my boat and truck.I to have 4wd but I was flyin solo as well and couldnt risk it.Ill probably check it out on fri evenin and post so keep ur eye out.as 4 sled en ur boat down the ramp and ropen it out or even usen a com along sound s sweet. ;)I will say this the lake looked just perfect and i know if i could get my boat in id knocked m dead seems how that is my stompin grounds.lol
Well ill pm u hopefully friday evenin if I can make sat mornin if not maybe sun after church.......................

JDOGHM
01-16-2008, 10:25 PM
thanks for the info, it's nice to get recent local knowledge . I'm going for it this Sat am hopefully ice won't be an issue as I may be solo. We'll see what happen I liked this lake the last 2 times I hit it. I don't know how to pm yet ( I'll figure it out) but let me know if you go or I'll be in a blue toyota 4X4 trying to launch my 14'. Thanks Again Jeremy

Trout Tracker
01-17-2008, 06:35 AM
I fished Sugar Pine 3-4 times a few years ago and did real well,sure is a beautiful lake.
I would imagine that this time of year would be great for toplineing.
But i would be afraid to try to launch with my two wheel drive unless the ramp is clear.
Will be waiting for the report Friday and maybe see you all Saturday if the ramp is good.
Bob

foresthill_fishin
01-17-2008, 06:05 PM
:o Is it friday yet man what a long week.Well ;) u guys ill do my best to go checik out the lake fri. hell if u all want to give ur a try 9im game ok ill post 2 marrow and will go from there.As 4 my tech toplinin all the way ill run needle fish fire tiger pattern............ ;)

PickLeNose
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
;)A buddy well as of sat the 13th it was pretty torn back.The snow had started to melt then ice over so i didnt want to risk losin my boat and truck.I to have 4wd but I was flyin solo as well and couldnt risk it.Ill probably check it out on fri evenin and post so keep ur eye out.as 4 sled en ur boat down the ramp and ropen it out or even usen a com along sound s sweet. ;)I will say this the lake looked just perfect and i know if i could get my boat in id knocked m dead seems how that is my stompin grounds.lol
Well ill pm u hopefully friday evenin if I can make sat mornin if not maybe sun after church.......................

You will only slide back as far as the water line, throw some sand under your tires for the drive out. Piece of cake.

foresthill_fishin
01-18-2008, 06:05 PM
:DWell didnt get a chance to check out the ramp this evenin long dayat work,but Ill head up there in the mornin towin the b0oat hopin for the best.JDOGHM if u get read thuis Ill see you out there in the mornin.......... :)

JDOGHM
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
We'll nice meeting you Foresthill. I showed up at 7am only to find that most of the snow and ice had stuck around. Foresthill was on the dock throwing some lures There was ruts with hard snow and solid ice for about 1/4 mile all the way down to the water. I can't beleive it didn't melt off quicker with the nicer weather. Anyway, we debated for awhile and I even drove on to it but without chains all 4 tires it was a no go. Hard to even walk on it. It was way more brutal than we thought. We thought about hand launching my boat and decided too much work. The lake actually was freezing up all around the launch to about 20' out. Went to Rollins and got skunked, surprise surprise, nice day anyway. 8-)

foresthill_fishin
01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
JDOGHm nice meeting u and ur buddy
ya my day went about the same lets just say that my boat never got wet ouch :'(But theres always light at the end of the tunnel hopen my luck will change this weekend with a trip to Amador............good luck on ur next trip KEEP ON TROLLIN

colfaxkoke
02-13-2008, 06:32 AM
Any new reports on the ramp yet? *