PDA

View Full Version : Topaz Saturday Morning (Pics)

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Left a sleeping Mrs. C at home and arrived Topaz at 7:45. Fished the North shore using Green Gulp and casting a Gold Kastmaster. Only one follow on the lure. Three bites on the Gulp. One was landed a beautiful 20 inch 2 pound 11 oz Bow. The day was calm and beautiful. There was ice on the eastern shore of the lake and in front of the County Park. I checked the fish in at the Topaz store and got my $10 of free slot play. I checked the weekly trout derby that ends Sunday and as of 11:00 AM Saturday Mrs. C is still in the lead for the first place prize of $50. Much to my delight I'm in second place and could get $25. 8-) Lots of folks fishing today so this may not last. A wonderful morning.

CC

7:45 ARRIVAL
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020908-01.jpg
TOPAZ GLASS
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020908-02.jpg
FISH ON
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020908-03.jpg
20 INCH TOPAZ BOW
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020908-04.jpg
ICE TO THE EAST
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020908-05.jpg
SATURDAY CROWD ARRIVES
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020908-06.jpg

fishlipd
02-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Way to go Capt, I'm pulling for you and MRS C. If I wanted to come up there and fish from the shore it looks like I could drive my truck right to the water. Where would be a good place to start? Thanks for any info.

Jetspray
02-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Nice pics, I think I saw your vehicle. My wife wanted to go to the lodge for lunch so we went by and up to the lodge.....nice fish....Jetspray

camotracker
02-09-2008, 04:24 PM
CC, like always like to read you report and the pictures. you sure do like the snow. congrats to you and the mrs to another fine day at the office. ;)

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

dkesner
02-09-2008, 04:26 PM
looks nice, 20" is a fun size!
do you know if the ramp is clear--could i launch a boat?

troutfan
02-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Congrats on the 20"er Captain. *Looks like you're getting the hang of Topaz. *I caught one 17" today on green powerbait. ;)
Dkesner- You can launch at the State Park ramp. I saw five or six boats out there including a couple of 18'ers.

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Way to go Capt, I'm pulling for you and MRS C. If I wanted to come up there and fish from the shore it looks like I could drive my truck right to the water. Where would be a good place to start? Thanks for any info.

I'm fishing the North shore. Just North of the lpdge there is a road that goes down to the county park. Just as you get to the lake there is a dirt road to the right that goes down to the water. There is another road to the right about 1/2 miler further on. You can drive on the east shore through the state park and the south shore on the California side south of the inspection station.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 05:01 PM
CC, like always like to read you report and *the pictures. you sure do like the snow. congrats to you and the mrs to another fine day at the office. ;)

Thanks Leo. Snow is neat as long as you don't have to shovel it. 8-)

CC

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 05:03 PM
looks nice, 20" is a fun size!
do you know if the ramp is clear--could i launch a boat?

There were a few boats out today. Some were acting as ice breakers. There was even a toon or two.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Congrats on the 20"er Captain. *Looks like you're getting the hang of Topaz. *I caught one 17" today on green powerbait. ;)
Dkesner- You can launch at the State Park ramp. *I saw five or six boats out there including a couple of 18'ers.

Getting a little practice. After breakfast tomorrow at the lodge Mrs. C and I are going out and practice some more. 8-)

CC

metalmouth
02-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Spectacular photo when the lake is like a mirror. Thanks for sharing!

MM

realdeal
02-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Great report and beautiful pics! :)

wolfden
02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Way to go Captain ;)

I will have to get back down your way soon and hit Topaz again now that we are starting to melt up here ;D

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Spectacular photo when the lake is like a mirror. Thanks for sharing!

Certainly much different then the white caps at Pyramid yesterday. Thanks MM.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Great report and beautiful pics! *:)

Thank you.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Way to go Captain ;)

I will have to get back down your way soon and hit Topaz again now that we are starting to melt up here ;D

Let me know if you are coming. It's still slow and the water just above freezing but it's starting to turn. If the water gets above 42 degrees the lake may explode. The trout seem to love the green stuff.

CC

fishlipd
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks CC, I want to get up there soon. Maybe next weekend, it's a long one so would be good to sneak away.

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks CC, I want to get up there soon. Maybe next weekend, it's a long one so would be good to sneak away.

If the weathers nice I'll be there. Let me know. We can hook up and I can show you what I've learned.

CC

Mackattack
02-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Another great day for the capt. I think he should change his retirement profession to outdoor photographer ?

Mackattack

Mr._Striper
02-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Nice pics and fish sir. But why didnt you bring your "lucky lady" today?

GOLDENTROUT
02-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Good job Capt. Are you sure Mrs.C didn't take the pic's ;D ;D

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Another great day for the capt. I think he should change his retirement profession to outdoor photographer ?

Take enough pictures and a few are bound to turn out. ;D

CC

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Nice pics and fish sir. But why didnt you bring your "lucky lady" today?

Mrs. C. isn't into early. She going tomorrow but I have to feed her.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Good job Capt. Are you sure Mrs.C didn't take the pic's ;D ;D

I wish. I almost dropped the camera into the water trying to take an action pic. :-[ I used an ultra lite outfit and the fish felt like a 10 pounder. Had the fish for dinner tonight and it had the reddest flesh I've ever seen on a trout. Yum!! [smiley=chowtime.gif]

CC

zhands
02-10-2008, 07:22 AM
[quote author=Captain Compassion --- "After breakfast tomorrow at the lodge Mrs. C and I are going out and practice some more."

Nice very nice report and pictures. I'm only a few hours away. You convinced me to go try practice at Topaz.

Practice definition: *[smiley=doc.gif]
Most commonly, practice is a learning method, the act of rehearsing a behavior over and over, or engaging in an activity again and again, for the purpose of improving or mastering it, as in the phrase "practice makes perfect".

Practice:
“They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds.”
Winston Churchill

Z * ::)

vvbob
02-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Always enjoy your post's especially your great pictures :)

Captain Compassion
02-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Nice very nice report and pictures. I'm only a few hours away. You convinced me to go try practice at Topaz.

Enough practice then you are bound to get it right. 8-) Thanks zhands.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Always enjoy your post's especially your great pictures :)

Thanks Bob. The picture taking makes the skunky days not so bad and the good days teriffic.

CC