PDA

View Full Version : Topaz Tuesday - Money Fish (Pics)

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Tuesday morning, Sun up. Sky clear, no wind. Temp a balmy 6 degrees. Fishing today? Let's wait until it warms up to 20. 10:00 AM 18 degrees, close enough. Arrived at Topaz at 10:40 with all the right stuff. Marshmallows, worms, Gold Kastmaster smothered in Pro-Cure Krill. Fished the North shore with two rods for 3 hours. No hits, no bites, no strikes. A normal day for the Captain at Topaz. What made the day special was that Mrs. C was there. Mrs. C., using Green Gulp, on the first cast with her brand new rod gets a hit. *She sets the hook and has a nice fish on. She fights it toward shore sometimes dragging it over the shore ice. The fish is now in shallow water with the line resting on sharp ice. I see the fish in the water. Not only is it a beauty there seems to be something light blue sticking in it's back. It's tagged. Enough messing around. I step through the ice up to my shin, reach into the water and flip the fish around 7 feet up the bank. This one is a keeper. 19" 3 pound female with a $250 dollar tag. Mrs C catches a second trout later in the day on gulp. 15" 1.8 pounds. Score Mrs. C 2 Captain 0. Ice closes down shore fishing around 1:30. It was cold and clear with no wind. Ice was a problem. A wonderful day.

CC

MORNING ICE
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020508-01.jpg
FISH ON FOR MRS. C
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020508-02.jpg
MONEY FISH
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020508-03.jpg
WINTER SKY
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020508-04.jpg
COMPANY FOR DINNER
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020508-05.jpg
ICE CLOSES DOWN FISHING
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020508-06.jpg
A $250 SMILE
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020508-07.jpg
LUNCH WITH A VIEW
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/020508-08.jpg

viper2
02-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a great day! *She's a keeper (the fish too) ;).

Have to add Topaz to the list this year, but I think I will wait 'till it warms a tad.

cgagex3
02-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Now I see why the pox on his worms, ;D

Nice fish CC. Just a side bar 6:30 PM at 48 degrees here with a high of around 56 today. 8-)

CG

wolfden
02-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Way to go Mr & Mrs C ;)

Got to love those " Money Fish " :)

metalmouth
02-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Great post and pics as always. Congrats on the money honey!

MM

Mr._Striper
02-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Captian thats awsome!! Not only do you have a great wife, her fish just paid for her new rod!! You must be one heck of a guide. A BIG congrats to the Mrses. Way to go.

tragedyspring
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I know Mrs. C is already a harcore fisherwoman - but now she'll be the one dragging you outside to fish in the freezing cold - after that $250 tag. Way to go Mrs. C. ( when is she gonna get her own handle on the sniffer, and maybe she can post some reports, seeing as she actually CATCHES fish.) HAHAHA Nice Fish!

mtnlks
02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Congrats Mrs.C on the money fish. Better luck next time Mr.C.

steveo79
02-05-2008, 07:17 PM
That's awesome. She looks very happy, as well she should. Thumbs up!

Mr_Ed
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Looking Good !! Way to go!!

Always nice when the Ladys get fish.............. :D

So, how did the water feel? Warm enough to water ski ??

Extra sox,shoes.what happened ?

Kneedeep in ice water.I want the "Rest of the story""....... ;D

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a great day! *She's a keeper (the fish too) ;).

Have to add Topaz to the list this year, but I think I will wait 'till it warms a tad.

The temp was round 28 in the aftrnoon. With bright sun and no wind that is sweat shirt weather.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Now I see why the pox on his worms, *;D

There were some other folks fishing along the bank. Most of them were using worms. Didn't see any other fish caught.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Way to go Mr & Mrs C ;)

Got to love those " Money Fish " :)

I may never live this down. :-[ Going to take her to Pyramid on Friday. What do you think will happen? ::)

CC

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Great post and pics as always. Congrats on the money honey

I got a prime rib dinner out of the deal. [smiley=chowtime.gif]

CC

Topaz_Tom
02-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Way to go Mrs. CC, Nice Fish and $250 to boot. That should help the fishing fund for this month!! Thanks for the report and pics. :) ;)

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Captian thats awsome!! Not only do you have a great wife, her fish just paid for her new rod!! You must be one heck of a guide. A BIG congrats to the Mrses. Way to go.

The Mrs thanks you.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I know Mrs. C is already a harcore fisherwoman - but now she'll be the one dragging you outside to fish in the freezing cold - after that $250 tag. Way to go Mrs. C. ( when is she gonna get her own handle on the sniffer, and maybe she can post some reports, seeing as she actually CATCHES fish.) *HAHAHA Nice Fish!

She does quite well. Gonna change my handle to Mrs Compassion's Husband. ::)

CC

B-RAN
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
nice job mrs!!!!!!! ive always wanted to catch a tagged fish!!!! those are some beautes ;D

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Congrats Mrs.C on the money fish. Better luck next time Mr.C.

She won't let me leave her home.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Looking Good !! *
Kneedeep in ice water.I want the "Rest of the story""....... ;D

Pants and shoe got wet. I wear water proof thermal ski socks so the foot stayed dry. The pants leg froze so the ice chiped right on off. If I hadn't seen the tag I wouldn't have done such a stupid thing.

CC

red_perception
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Congrats Capt. on a fine day ;) Dug my boat out of the 3+ feet of snow up at the lake today(will post pics on campfire brd tomorrow) Got a hit on my minnow and then had my minnow stolen after sunset. Good luck, Eric :)

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
nice job mrs!!!!!!! ive always wanted to catch a tagged fish!!!! those are some beautes *;D

The smaller trout had dark red meat and the big trout was full of eggs. I would like to catch a tagged trout as well.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Way to go Mrs. CC, Nice Fish and $250 to boot. *That should help the fishing fund for this month!! *Thanks for the report and pics. :) ;) *

It's even better than that. They gave her $10 in slot play and she turned that into $30 ion the nickle machine and she currently leads the pack for the weekly $50 prize for the biggist fish. Heck she might even win the drawing in April. I may try and scrape together $80 and enter her in the Pyramid contest. She's hot!! ;)

CC

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Congrats Capt. on a fine day ;) Dug my boat out of the 3+ feet of snow up at the lake today(will post pics on campfire brd tomorrow) Got a hit on my minnow and then had my minnow stolen after sunset. Good luck, Eric :)

Thanks Eric. Heading up to Stateline Thursday for our 37th anniversary. Hope theres no more snow between now and then. Time for you to get another fat Bow.

CC

dansan
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Great story! Way to go Mrs. C.! And it looked like a beautiful brisk day (especially for the Captain).

- dansan

Captain Compassion
02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Great story! *Way to go Mrs. C.! *And it looked like a beautiful brisk day (especially for the Captain).

Thanks.

CC

troutfan
02-06-2008, 01:01 AM
I know Mrs. C is already a harcore fisherwoman - but now she'll be the one dragging you outside to fish in the freezing cold - after that $250 tag. Way to go Mrs. C. ( when is she gonna get her own handle on the sniffer, and maybe she can post some reports, seeing as she actually CATCHES fish.) *HAHAHA Nice Fish!

She does quite well. Gonna change my handle to Mrs Compassion's Husband. ::)

CC

Way to go Mrs. C. *Now that's what I'm talking about! I can't wait to get out there this weekend! 8-) *Those Topaz pen-fish are great looking full-finned and fat! *Any day now Captain you will have your break out day and knock'em dead! Thanks for the great report and pics!

metalmouth
02-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Way to go Mrs. CC, Nice Fish and $250 to boot. *That should help the fishing fund for this month!! *Thanks for the report and pics. :) ;) *

It's even better than that. They gave her $10 in slot play and she turned that into $30 ion the nickle machine and she currently leads the pack for the weekly $50 prize for the biggist fish. Heck she might even win the drawing in April. I may try and scrape together $80 and enter her in the Pyramid contest. She's hot!! ;)

CC

It sounds like she already "scrape together $80" for the entry. ;D

MM

BreakofDawn
02-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Too bad Mrs. C wasn't there on the opener to help you set the hook Capt. ;D Beautiful fish! Happy Anniversary and good luck in the april drawing. Wait you got Mrs.C, you don't need luck :)

Captain Compassion
02-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Way to go Mrs. C. *Now that's what I'm talking about! I can't wait to get out there this weekend! 8-) *Those Topaz pen-fish are great looking full-finned and fat! *Any day now Captain you will have your break out day and knock'em dead! *Thanks for the great report and pics!

I'll give it another try this weekend.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Too bad Mrs. C wasn't there on the opener to help you set the hook Capt. ;D Beautiful fish! Happy Anniversary and good luck in the april drawing. Wait you got Mrs.C, you don't need luck :)

I'm sure she would have caught fish on opening day.

CC

GOLDENTROUT
02-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Great job Mrs.C. Post card pic's Capt. That boat's next Capt. ;D Look's like a good day :D Looks like the weather is going to help Pyramid get going ( I hope ). Going this weekend ;D

Tight lines GT.

Captain Compassion
02-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Great job Mrs.C. Post card pic's Capt. That boat's next Capt. ;D Look's like a good day :D Looks like the weather is going to help Pyramid get going ( I hope ). Going this weekend ;D.

Going to Pyramid Friday. Will report.

CC

Mr._Striper
02-06-2008, 05:38 PM

CC

I've got 2 words for you, LOTTERY TICKETS ;)

Mr._Striper
02-06-2008, 05:39 PM
And you better let her buy them.

Captain Compassion
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
[I've got 2 words for you, LOTTERY TICKETS ;)

I'm taking her to Harrah's tomorrow. ;)

CC

hunkfisher
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Well at least i know why CC gets to go fishing all the time, the Mrs. brings home the bacon! ;) Great report and pics as always CC getting ready for a spring road trip yet to my side of 88?

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Captain Compassion
02-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Well at least i know why CC gets to go fishing all the time, the Mrs. brings home the bacon! ;) Great report and pics as always CC getting ready for a spring road trip yet to my side of 88?

AMADOR
You tell me when. 8-)

CC

Grizz
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM
God has smiled on you Capt. C. You are a fortunate man. Good job Mrs. C. and a beautiful fish.

Captain Compassion
02-07-2008, 06:47 PM
God has smiled on you Capt. C. *You are a fortunate man. *Good job Mrs. C. and a beautiful fish.

Thanks Grizz.

CC

Mr_Ed
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I was going to go to topaz, but someone gave me an offer I could not refuse. :-/

With a little luck I will be down there soon................

Fished Sparks marina today for only 16" bows.
Last year they were 18" p[lus.

Might as well come down and try for a $$ fish.....

Captain Compassion
02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
I was going to go to topaz, but someone gave me an offer I could not refuse. :-/

I saw that offer. Indeed hard to refuse. I'm going to fish Topaz Saturday and/or Sunday. Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

CC

AllFishNoWork
02-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Very nice CC, the pics were great! Congrats Mrs C!

Mackattack
02-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Happy anniversary Mr. & Mrs. compassion.
[smiley=captjack.gif] [smiley=jumpinggroup.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

Mackattack [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Captain Compassion
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Very nice CC, the pics were great! Congrats Mrs C!

Thank you sir.

CC

Captain Compassion
02-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Happy anniversary Mr. & Mrs. compassion.

Thanks Mack. If the 25th anniversary is Silver and the 50th is Gold. What is 37? Perhaps rainbow as in rainbow trout. 8-)

CC

Mackattack
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
You can get her a bow made out of (alabaster). She will think that you really thought this gift out and by the way thay make lamps out of this gypsum mineral too ?