PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat 2-6-08

Trapper43
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I hit Pine Flat yesterday from 8:30am to around 3:00pm. *Started off slow. *We were fishing at around 80' on downriggers for salmon. *Rolled shad, slim fins, other lures that have worked in the past. *Nothing. *We then went up to the power lines and came up to 5 colors on leadcore. *Started catching some trout on slimfins, dodgers and worms. *Ended the day with 7 fish all trout. *Saw one boat catching a lot of fish. *We asked them what they were trolling they said dodgers and nightcrawlers. *We had been trolling that combination without much luck. So I took a look with my binoculars. *They were trolling silver dodgers with power bait about 3' behind. *I normally don't rat on what people are using, however, they were getting quite a kick out of telling us they were using nightcrawlers then snickering with each other. *Next time I go out I am going to try that. *Will let you know if I have any luck with it.

LJ
02-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Uncle Larry's Power spin lures have a spring to hold the power bait on them, works good at slower speeds, not too good at higher speeds. Works pretty well on freshly planted trout.

Ironhead
02-08-2008, 05:13 AM
Trapper,

Thanks for the report. PF can be a tough lake at times. The king bite was definitely not consistent on my last trip. You just have to search for them, and be around them when the bite starts.

Ironhead

Trapper43
02-08-2008, 05:27 AM
Where do you get the uncle Larry's power spin lures???

Also I talked to a friend of mine who was on the lake the day before. He said he went up past trimmer where the river comes in and trolled small jointed Rapalas flatlined and caught two limits of salmon.

Slapabow
02-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Well done trapper.
You were fishing i was working.
A chrome seps dodger 4/0 with a nightcrawler
about 16" back is money @ pine flat.Speed @ 1.5mph.
Any depth works. Kings up river?????????
As soon as i get my fuel pump swapped out i will
have to investigate.It is located between the oil pan
and the port side motor mount on a v-6 mpi merc.
Can you say relocation ;D

JoeTech
02-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Well done Trapper, Pine flat can be very tough at times, especially for those kings.

fresnofshfan
02-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Trapper , thanks for the report.

Im going up with a buddie tomorrow. Launch at trimmer and head up to the river. 14' Gregor with Stars.

Good Luck Guys!!

FFF

Quad_Hooks
02-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Trapper43, here you go. http://www.unclelarryslures.com/
They ship fast too.

Trapper43
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys. I just ordered some of Uncle Larry's Power Spin Lures. Will let you know how they work.